Author Topic: PTA dist 8 trapper trainer school  (Read 14718 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
PTA dist 8 trapper trainer school
« on: July 29, 2006, 05:07:26 PM »
just got back from the trapper trainer school that dist 8 put on.  learned a lot of little stuff that I can use this year.  also at the same time I registered for the cable restraint class on the 26th of aug.  today he only had 4 or 5 people registered.  last year I spent most of the winter kickin myself for not takin it.  this year it won't happen again.  you can find ash brickers contact info on the trappers website.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:36:05 PM »
I took the class last year but did not set any cables out, mostly due to time constraints and not enough snow for me.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »
any one looking to take this cable restriant course?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »
Where is the class at??
Which trapper website is the info??
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
it is at shippensburg fish and game.  about the middle of dist 4  you need to go to the PA trappers website under dist8 page.

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »
Thanks
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.