Author Topic: Jack In The Box?  (Read 3247 times)

uncle buck

Jack In The Box?
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »
I have a Jack in the Box.  I have had it since 2007.  I have yet to use it.  Seems like I do well without decoys.  However you start to thinking? wow if you do well just on calling maybe tothing the decoy box along and setting up just might make it better...Kind of hate to carry all kinds of equipment...Figure sometimes just going out in a field and stting up can get you busted.

How many of you use decoys?  How many use decoys all the time?  How many like specific brand name decoys.
I have that red headed woodpecker too with the one wing that only spins. never used that either.. LOL LOL

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Jack In The Box?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »
 I liked the jack in the box my buddy and I used when we went out together. He has the foxy redfox decoy and the JIB combo and it looked amazing paired up but to cumbersome.
 I personally use the mojo critter decoy. It fits inside my turkey vest pocket and can be used a couple different ways and for different reasons. I use it for the visual aspects for obvious reasons but I sometimes place the pin at a 45 degree angle or just lay it on it's side just for the sound. When I do this is when I plan on pausing in between calls and the spinning sequence of the decoy sounds alot like a small animal struggling. The sound is subtle enough to sound like a bird but could also sound like a rabbits dying kicks.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:32:57 PM »
i just remembered that the JIB has a coaxer call in it.. I bet over snow with no light...The JIB activated on top with the coaxer alone would bring in quite a few red fox for the shooters or lone shooter.. What a neat thing to try with a well scoped rifle for red fox and probably coyotes too...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:25:28 AM »
I use it in thick cover more then anything.  I have had critters come to a call only to remain in the bush's.  I believe the decoy brings em out for a better look.  as of late though I have been using a turkey feather on an arrow shaft. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »
Hi guys,
I will get a lot of slack out of this but here it goes. I use a monkey !!! It was my daughters when she was little. She is 36 now. About 8 yrs ago my wife was getting rid of some stuff. Itook it it has been with me on almost all of my hunts. It is a long puppet,with 4 long skinny legs. It is very light. I hang it about 3 feet off the ground on a thin branch.The air makes it move, most of the time. I have killed 4 coyotes with it.
 So if you want to see my monkey let me know. I have to go to work now,cant wait till tonight to see the hit I get on this. It works very good.

Catch ya later      Mountain dog

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »
Show me the MONKEY!!!!!!

Lol ;D

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
Hi guys,
I will get a lot of slack out of this but here it goes. I use a monkey !!! It was my daughters when she was little. She is 36 now. About 8 yrs ago my wife was getting rid of some stuff. Itook it it has been with me on almost all of my hunts. It is a long puppet,with 4 long skinny legs. It is very light. I hang it about 3 feet off the ground on a thin branch.The air makes it move, most of the time. I have killed 4 coyotes with it.
 So if you want to see my monkey let me know. I have to go to work now,cant wait till tonight to see the hit I get on this. It works very good.

Catch ya later      Mountain dog

Moutain Dog Quit Monkeing Around!!!!!!!
Sounds good you should market that!!!!!!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 06:53:29 AM »
there is a fella over the mountian from me that uses a monkey with a weasle ball in it.  never thought of what you are saying though mountian dog.  whatever works though.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 08:22:21 PM »
Ok I have heard of spanking the mokey, but hanging the mokey.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

verminator

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
I never thought I would say this to another guy but , "I would like to See your monkey"