Author Topic: Instructional Videos/Books  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Instructional Videos/Books
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
Won't be able to make it to the PA rondy this year, and haven't been able to make it to local trapper schools last season, so who knows when I will get a chance to learn more that I know now in a hands on exerience. Is there any videos out there for water trapping that any of you would recommend as worth the 30-40 dollars for each DVD? I don't really want to spend money on DVD's that are just showing someone catching fur and throwing it in the truck, I want to get something that shows in detail how to make sets thats work, what to look for while scouting, ect. Also, does anyone believe that the books are the way to go being that they are cheaper and maybe more to the point? Let me know because i'd like to order some videos/books on water trapping this month from MTP because they have a 10% this month on them. Thanks!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: Instructional Videos/Books
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
Critterslayer 51
You can get all the information at the Ppha get together.
There will be a few trappers there that are better then most books or videos.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:26:54 AM »
This is true BW, did a little of that last year at the picnic...I also want them to enjoy their time, don't need me pestering them all weekend on how to catch critters (even if they do enjoy it)
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
Should I throw my water trap'n gear in the truck? ;D
Over the years, I learned alot from books.
Don't get blinded by one author or video maker. Keep an open mind and study many methods. Add details to improve your method. Keep improving. When you're though changing, you're though.

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
Thats up to you Hern! I'm always looking to learn, and i've got some stuff to trade (FF's and beverages!)
              "CritterDone"

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
Hern,

Almost forgot, ol Renny will be upset he can't make it...I gots some of that Bradford Co. apple pie along for the ride as well...
              "CritterDone"

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Rennys wife is do again (she's seems like a Peez dispenser) about the time of the Camp Out weekend.
Rennys no fun. Drinks all day and falls asleep early. Methinks he's older than Uncle Buck and me.
Anyway, he will have another kid to add to the litter. His Bradford County welfare check will increase with another kid. Time to trade up to a Doublewide.

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
 ;D
              "CritterDone"

Renny

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:02 AM »
I gotta quit drinkin.  Thats what got me in this mess to begin with.......  I'm tryin to figure out a way to hook the shed to the trailer intead of trading up.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:35:57 AM by Renny »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:04 AM »
Renny, you oughta make Hern the godfather of your little Renny's, He could put them up in his fur skinen shed.  Heck that thing is bigger than your whole trailer.

PS:  Hern, I wouldn't mind learning some water trapping myself.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
Renny...you don't have to quit drinkin.. 8)..you just need to trade up to a nicer group of associates.... ;)...these people on here are just nasty.. >:( >:(  I would also suggest Buckwheat for the "Little Renny's Godfather", wiser move and you won't have as hard a time finding him...Hern is always in camo in a poison ivy patch... :P