Author Topic: Tag Filled  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Tag Filled
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:27:35 PM »
In 5 nights of trapping this area I filled my first cat tag.Last year when I was archery hunting I seen a bobcat on the trail that I caught this one. The one that I seen was a monster compared to this one. I am very pleased with this one. I called this place three nights with no luck before I deiced to set some traps. This was caught sometime Thursday night.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Tag Filled
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »
Very Nice!!!!

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
Congrats!!!!!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
Way to go Brushwolf.Nice visual attractor.Thats one to be proud of.

Offline smokey

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
Nice

Offline wrestlingharley

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »
congratulations on your catch! I for one didnt have that much luck caught opposum, and a coon... But went to get the traps! On one set I had 2 traps set in a cubby hole and went to get my traps and the bait was gone and guess what my trap was missing as well... I have come to the conclusion that something interesting was in my trap and apparently someone else wanted it! The trap was on private ground and I know that cats and fox are present... I have checked my traps every other day... I have sign everywhere.. but now am missing a trap and I found my trap tag laing in the dirt right next to the stake!!

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:51:48 AM »
Do you know who else can hunt or trap on the lands?  You know it takes all kinds of individuals in this world.  I don't even know how someone could take your catch then go into work and tell everyone how they caught a bobcat or fox and they know the truth that  they broke the game law by stealing it from the trap... Or contest...Someone might catch things in a trap and then come back and say they called all of them in with call and shot them with a gun..They might win the prize but did they?  See anyone can do things like this?  There is one being that knows and believe me down the road they end up getting paid back big time..

Did you find any kind of fur on the tag?  When I had my traps or restraints stolen you can sometimes find hair on the ground that may help you ID what you really caught...   

Renny

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:38 AM »
Congrats brushwolf!

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Congratulations on filling your tag.....ED

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
congrats on filling your tag. nice cat
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline naildriver

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
nice cat  ;D

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
good job on filling your cat tag. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline wrestlingharley

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:31 PM »
I didnt see anything around the set! The only thing that was found was the home made cubby hole, the stake from the ground and the trapper id tag crumpled up in the leaves.. It is privat ground and practically ony family hunts its.. The fact of the matter was the whole set was still there but no trap and no bait.. There is 2 cats up on the farm that were seen this hunting season and most recently a big red fox which i am gonna go back after, he was just seen yesterday running around the field.. I am interested in trapping and it just pisses me off that people would stoop so low as to steal a critter and a trap! I honestly want to know what was in my trap.. I was just startin out and it was pretty neat experience for me and the boy as well... He actually told me the other day he wants to start hunting coyotes and foxes and wants to get more traps for next year... Deer  season didnt really pan out this year for us, did not see one

Offline coyotelord

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »
congratulations on your catch! I for one didnt have that much luck caught opposum, and a coon... But went to get the traps! On one set I had 2 traps set in a cubby hole and went to get my traps and the bait was gone and guess what my trap was missing as well... I have come to the conclusion that something interesting was in my trap and apparently someone else wanted it! The trap was on private ground and I know that cats and fox are present... I have checked my traps every other day... I have sign everywhere.. but now am missing a trap and I found my trap tag laing in the dirt right next to the stake!!

did you have your set single staked, double staked, or cable staked?

Offline wrestlingharley

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
My trap was single staked, with a wire around the trees as well.. THis is the first time trapping so I am learning as I go! the funny this is the stake was still  there and the wire was cut