Author Topic: ? No Fall Expo this year ?My  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
? No Fall Expo this year ?My
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
  computer has been down since May and a new one is up.  Not seeing much going on and see nothing about a Fall Expo for 2011.  What is happening?
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: ? No Fall Expo this year ?My
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
There is a 4 page double sided newsletter coming out to the entire membership here very shortly, we are currently finding the best price on printing. The big state wide events were just voted on as well, being that we have a few new officers, and they're vote doesn't count until Sept 1, 2011 when the new office starts. We had that vote, and now that everything is finalized, we're ready to print. We have a year full of events, that will keep us officers very busy. For the time being, the Expo has been replaced by working the Sportsmans show. At the sportsmans show, we have already made a display, we don't have to make all the arrangements, everything is ready for us, and we've found a larger stage for a calling championship and have dubbed it the East Coast Predator Showdown. We feel that it is less work for the volunteering and the officers which are also working on their dime, to use the sportsmans show for everything it is. The sportsmans show is actually less expensive than the expo as well. We get national advertising, 8 solid days of way more exposure than any expo, and last year we've gained 70 new members. The pro's from foxpro are still giving demo's at the sportsmans show, which are the same guys that we had coming to the expo's. Last year we also got discounted tickets to get into the show for members only, and would expect to get the same this year. It is kind of a no brainer for us. We understand this will not be liked by all, but when it comes down to it, there are just too many pro's than con's as referring to going to the sportsmans show over the expo.
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »
Well said DJ

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:33:44 PM »
Thanks for the answers.  Love being a member and had a great time at last years expo.  My home in NJ is 4hrs.+to Huntingdon where our camp is so I'm not much help as a member.  If you find any work for a Jersey guy I will jump in.  The Harrisburg show is a Smart move.  Thanks again Dick Taylor
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
Thank you for your understanding and excelent support Mr. Taylor. We might be looking into the greater philly outdoorsman show in feburary, and there are many other events that are near the south eastern corner of the state which you may be able to help out or just come by and get to know us, thanks again!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"