Author Topic: 17 Fireball same ole thing happening to 17 Remington  (Read 2673 times)

uncle buck

17 Fireball same ole thing happening to 17 Remington
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »
No big deal that Remington is providing the 17 Fireball in all of it's guns.  However don't like that they no longer provide the 17 Remington...This all has the markings of making the 17 Remington as a hard to get factory ammo gun..... I have abut 100 rounds of 17 Rem brass from factory and brass purchases...I  just want to make sure that the 17 Rem I have will be able to be shot and reloaded by family members someday.... So I purchased a bag of 100 unprimed brass the other day.... kind of foresight.....
However I also purchased two bags of 17 Fireball brass too...Don't want that to be hard to get so that two will be available for family members to reload....

If you do reload the 17 Remington.....Make sure you do have enough brass around should the factory ammo gets hard to find...Love the 17 Remington  Factory ammo for fox and coyotes...Specifically the 25 grain HP.

Hopefully Remington will remain to carry factory 17 Rem on the shelf like it does other not so poplar calibers like the 300  Savage, etc etc....
hate when mfg just go and stop making something.  Who knows? Maybe Remington since the 17 Rem is one of their calbiers they just might find that they have to keep stocking it on the shelves.... 

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
Re: 17 Fireball same ole thing happening to 17 Remington
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
Why not run .204 ruger cases thru your 17 die. The head stamp will not match. It will work, I am sure.

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
Reloading........Ah some of the does and don't....Reloading does keep me humble....I will remember a short cut that people tell me about and it works...However if one does not remember every little thing about the sequence of what and what not to do...It could end up a trip to the gunsmith.... Reloading?  Yes quite a humbling experience for sure....

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
Received some 20 grain HP today from Midwayusa.  Wow $11.95 for a box of 100 bullets....Neat thing not V max 20 grainer but just plain hollow points...Will have to try them out on chucks this April....Don't look like we will be hunting chucks in March like other years.

wow...They,  Midwayusa got my shipment to me real fast too...I probably going to be doing some business with them.

They gave me a catalog in shipment...Wow they have Encore barrels on the shelf...Both hand gun or rifle just say in the 35 Rem?  I thought that was neat that they have unique barrels cal already on the shelf... Looks like you do not have to wait 12 weeks for a barrel to be made for you..