Author Topic: OLD COOT SHOOT-OUT 2017-18  (Read 51272 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: OLD COOT SHOOT-OUT 2017-18
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\                BW:  "Congratulations!!! That is a real nice coyote." 

I am concerned  ??? The Marietta Monster is Congratulating me!  :o :o He and his Cheerleader must be up to something  ::) not good  :P :P :P I know you're not working on being the "Perfect Husband"  :P :P :P ..... 8)

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »
Congrats again Paul and Hern! You boys surely ratcheted up the stakes! Regardless, its an awesome thing to see people getting out and hunting together..that's the real take here.

PPHA President

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
Thanks Quattro. I do enjoy a partner. I think Jaspr is the closest PPHA member to me and that's why I ask him.
This partner did everything himself. Setup, his call, good shooting. I saw as much as you guys. I was facing the other way. I did get to see the tail spin and Coyote down. I give Jaspr all the credit. Any of you seasoned members would have pick the same setup, I bet ya. A classic, text book set up between two woodlots.
I usually carry the other guys fur. But in this case, being ole Coots and deep snow...we drove to downed  Coyote. Way over there, to 75 yds. away. Hey, were ole, not dumb.

...getting out and hunting together is the real take here
Oh yea
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:13:17 PM by Hern »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
 :) :) :) :) Ya'll better take another look at that picture  ??? ??? ??? ??? almost the same expression on both critters  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Congrats to my huntin partner in crime!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »
Are you saying Jaspr smiles like a dead coyote?!?! Hahaha
District 5 coordinator

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »
 >:( Jaspr NEVER smiles this is serious business!  ::) ::) My expression is one of genuine concern  :-\ :-\ I just have a feeling Conestoga Con Man and his Sherpa Groupie are somewhere in Tibet  :o :o filling the wagon with Tibetan fox!!   :P :P :P :P Then you will see unbelievable... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ I hope Quattro is ready for a challenge  ::) .......................... 8)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:38 PM »
Jasper1
Hern and the Tibetan munk wants me to be a nicer person and not pick on you or your coyote.  Good luck with that!!! Is what I am thinking also, so you not alone.
 So I am not going to say anything about your huge wonderful smile and I say that with genuine concern also.
So while i am in Tibet I will ask the standard nice questions. What caliber did you use to shoot the coyote.?  What sounds did you use? Was the coyote by itself? Did you have oatmeal for breakfast? Who paid for breakfast?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:14:22 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
 :( :(  How sad!  :( :( How did Hern get into it?  ??? A double agent playing both sides of the road  :P Well if that was a test you failed miserably!  ;D ;D I should have known when he said his call was busted and he let me pick the seats  >:( I wasn't supposed to call anything  :( and if I did I was supposed to miss  ::) ::) You think you're going to wait till the next to last day  :P and open the coffin (commonly referred to as a freezer) and post a bunch of fox  :P :P :P :P You have posted these same fox so many times I can recognize them from freezer burn!  :o :o :o :o :o I am going to demand, if there is a next time, that weapons be limited to 12 ga. shotguns  ;D ;D since you have never shot anything in the same field with you!   :( :( :( :( :( So Thank You for your FAKE concerns!  :P To answer your questions 1. cal. 22lr cause I shoot them close! 2. Sound #1 Female are you out there Big Boy? #2 Female lets check each other for ticks! #3 Hurry! this sequence brings them on the run #4 pups crying gets them to put on the brakes for a killing shot,because they don't want involved with that!  :o Coyote was surrounded by a large pack of 50 who were afraid to face that much fire power  ;) (Me and Hern) not you and L4L0 your droid... :P I didn't eat breakfast  :o Hounds need to be hungry to be at their best  ;D ;D I paid so he wouldn't catch on that I knew he was a double agent!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D...........LOL....................... 8)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »
Jasper1
Hern and the Tibetan munk were concerned that's all I know. Watching Hern meditate kind of made me have some concerns.
But Hern as a double agent!!! You truly can't be asking him to do two things at the same time. You must be coming paranoid. Do you hear voices when you're by yourself?
Shotgun!!!!
You do know if I end up with a shotgun foxes will be falling just like when you shoot into a flock of blackbirds. It will take 3 pictures just to show them all to you at one time.
Well I like to say more but I have to go back to my nursing duties.
PS. I'm thinking Hern probably paid for breakfast

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2018, 12:30:47 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? "Tibetan munk" are they the ones with the curled back shoes??
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »
Goosebumps
I not sure, but I think there shoes were green.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
 :o :o :o :o Oooooh I see said the blindman as he picked up his hammer and saw!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2018, 01:12:02 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ OK here we go again  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? 22° this morn and the Foxpro only worked for 15 seconds  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Batteries were charged in the unit and remote received a new 9v battery before leaving  :( :( :( :( :( :( I have come to the conclusion that I have a southern Foxpro as it only likes warm temps.. :o :o :o :o :o :o got home in the house and it worked flawlessly.. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( used my mouth calls but didn't have any takers.. :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »
Goosebumps
It might be the type batteries you are using. I also think there is a switch or programming that you have to set for the type of batteries you have in unit.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( I'm using FoxPros that I bought at the their factory 3 weeks ago, charged them Sunday eve, and put a new 9v Duracell in the remote...Works fine in warmer temps but is a pain in cold temps and only worked for seconds this morn... :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member