Author Topic: Bad Weather  (Read 2743 times)

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Bad Weather
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:39 AM »
Haven't been around for a few years. Been following the bad weather some of you folks have been going through.  Hope none of you are in harms way - keep dry.  CJ
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Bad Weather
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
John it's good to hear from you...we only got 2" of rain and a little wind...we faired better than most.....is ya still sippin the single barrel??? :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »
Well Goose I haven't had any of that good stuff in a few years and maybe only one or two beers at the most during any given week.  I been fighting a nerve problem plus some of that shrapnel that somehow ended up in my back many many years ago.  Had a few operations but it didn't help any. At times I can barely walk, Doc said to lay off the booze so I'm following his advice. 

Glad to hear you aren't in any immediate danger from "Irene".  To bad you can't send any of that rain out our way.  We are in about our 8th years of drought and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.  During one of the most recent fires we had out here it came within ten feet of our house and burned most of our trees and scorched all the others.  Everything is so dry that when we do have a fire it goes through here like a sharp knife through butter.

Stay out of trouble and I hope you have a good season this year.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »
good to see ya stopped by john. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 07:51:57 AM »
Hey CJ,

I emptied 2.5" out of my rain gauge Monday morning and it hasn't stopped raining since...they say we are to get several more inches today....wish we could send some your way ???

I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »
2.5" + 6" = 8.5"+ emptied out of my rain gauge and it's still showering :o saw on the news that 65,000 are being evacuated  :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »
Some storm pictures for you guys 50 of them so I'm not gonna upload them just link you guys. This is in Montoursville, PA near Williamsport, PA going to school at penn tech and they closed the college.

Ryan.

http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/my7pointmonster/flood%20pictures/
District 4

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  Bad deal thats for sure.  Stay safe.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:29:24 PM »
Wilkes Barre, Pa 75000 people evacuated, 1/3 of the populations of the city.  It's going to be like this all up and down the Susquehanna River for other towns too...I pray in Jesus name that no more lives are taken by this storm called: LEE... So far, last I heard 4 are dead and that is all in SCPA...

One is something.  Guy pumping out his basement and the walls of the basement collapsed from the pressure outside... Also the dumb dumb dumb dumb thing or riding through flooded streets and they are swept away...

Any of you hunting coyotes at night  after LEE might departs watch for sink holes in fields and in abandoned farmers drive ways etc etc etc.