Author Topic: Do we have a booth at this?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Do we have a booth at this?
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »
Carlisle Sports & Outdoor Nationals
Sep 6 - Sep 8, 2013
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Do we have a booth at this?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
A little off topic but we don't have one at the Westmoreland Co fair. I seen the PGC tent and a couple vendors but that might be something to look into next year. That and the Fayette, Washington Co fair.
FayetteNam

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
We need to make a list of the yearly shows and try to participate. The problem is the man power to work the booth. We have had the booth in York this weekend and other than myself and MisterJake, Ernie has helped the last two days and the wife has been there helping out a lot and keeping us fed as well.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
     Perhaps PM the dist cordinator for those districts and come up with a game plan.  Many times I don't hear about things until its too late.  With the open lines of communication here on the forums, the district cordinators  can be better informed to line things up.

But like Darin said, paraticipation from more than one or two people is key and a necessity.  It  makes for a long day and an even longer weekend when the same 2-3 people are manning all the shifts.

Having said that, Kudoo's to everyone who is headed to Renovo to help out!!!  If we could keep that kind of participation for for every event, we'd have things made!!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:22:43 AM »
Goose, We do not have a booth there.  If memory serves me correct, Ben brought it up to the board and it was voted down.

I will be there as a vendor for somebody else.  If you go to the show stop and say hi.  It is supposed to be a good one.

If the PPHA wants to go I don't think it is too late but not sure.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
Perhaps throw it out to the membership to see who all can pithc in and volunteer to work it.  If there is enough interest, then I'd say we look into it....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
I'm looking forward to this show.  My nephew will be doing a seminar on first aid survival. Things like what to do if wounded by gunshot, arrows, and first aid  for other injuries that can occur in the outdoors. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:05:48 AM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »
I attended the Carlisle show on Friday and the turn out wasn't good.  However I understand today, Saturday it was good.... There were people selling predator calls, shooting lights, lure, cover scent,  and traps at the event... Maybe next year PPHA can do a seminar or a calling event... SCPA is one of the strongest areas in PA that participate in predator calling....Me personally enjoyed the event... Seems like there was many of things that I was looking for at the event... I saved all kinds of money on shipping by buying at the event...even got me one of those Randy Anderson winter white Predator Calling vest for a steal   $20.00! After I got home I said gee I should have purchased a camo one too... I even got some of the 17 Win Super magnum Rim Fire ammo cheap!!!No rip off artist prices...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 06:48:03 AM »
I was there Sunday and basically open the event(early bird) :o.  I saw friends from the SRWA and met up with LookN4Fur, and shared some laughs.... ;D  Caught up with some of the PTA folks also, but I'll see them again on Friday at East Waterford. I can say for the first year of the show that I was impressed with the volume of exhibitors and variety. I got sticker shock when I entered and was told it was $25.00 for my wife and I to get in, $10.00 each and $5.00 to park...considering everything was outside.  Oh well, it was all good and I only spent a few bucks inside. Unlike UB I didn't not see the deal of the century that had to follow me home.  :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:17 AM »
A little off topic but we don't have one at the Westmoreland Co fair. I seen the PGC tent and a couple vendors but that might be something to look into next year. That and the Fayette, Washington Co fair.

Ian ,I think you are on to something there, if you we can find out the dates for next years fairs and the contact information I would be more than happy to bring it to board. It's more realistic for us to help out at events around here rather than half way across the state. Thanks for the input... Del
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6