Author Topic: PPHA 3rd Annaul Gun / Money Raffle  (Read 10724 times)

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
PPHA 3rd Annaul Gun / Money Raffle
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
The PPHA is once again having a gun/money raffle the 3rd Annual Firecracker Raffle.

Winning numbers will be picked by the Pa. State Daily Number at 7pm. Prizes and days are : Winner picks between gun or money.

July 1st - Marlin xs7vh 22-250 Syn.stock , bolt action, 26"heavy barrel  or $200.00 in cash
July 2nd- Henry Repeating Arms 22LR, Lever action rifle , walnut stock or $200.00 in cash
July 3rd - Remington 870 Express , camo syn. stock 26" barrel, 3 1/2 shotgun or $350.00 in cash
July 4th - CZ Model 527 , 22 Hornet, American Series, walnut stock , bolt action rifle  or $500.00 in cash
July 5th - Parker Thunder Hawk , 165lb. Crossbow Package, W/ 4x multi retical scope or $350.00 in cash

Tickets are $5.00 per ticket
Anyone wishing to sell or buy tickets please contact me with how many you want and I will get them mailed out to you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:20:53 PM by Leglifter »
PPHA District 3

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: PPHA 3rd Annaul Gun / Money Raffle
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
That CZ .22 Hornet looks appealing.  Great prizes Jeff!  Thanks for doing this for PPHA.

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »
That CZ .22 Hornet looks appealing.  Great prizes Jeff!  Thanks for doing this for PPHA.

Great gun indeed!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
     I was just curious....how are the raffle tickets getting sold??  What I'm getting at is this....Are all the members suppose to try and sell a few tickets, or is the membership letting a few handful of people do all the work??  If everyone did a little, it defintiely would make it easier for everyone, and I think we as a membership would sell more tickets resulting in more money for the PPHA.

I'm simply trying to put a plug out there to our members to try and boost our revenue from selling tickets.  I personally found out that most people are willing to purchase a $5.00 without much hesitation.....all you have to do is ask!

Jeff, the first batch of tickets are already sold and the money and ticket stubs are on their way back to you.  If you could, send me a few more and I'll see waht I can do with them!

Jake

Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
Atta boy jake!
Great job
And thanks

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:23 AM »
Thanks Jake, I wish more were willing to step up and help out. You are so right, we are all hunters and gun enthusiasts and our friends all tend to be the same way. You would think it easy to sell 5 or 10 gun tickets.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »
     I saw our membership shows we have 630 members.  If each member sold  (Or even bought the tickets themselves) 5 tickets each, we would have sold 3150 tickets.  At $5.00 each, that would generate $15,750 for the PPHA!!  Take away expenses for postage, prizes etc. that still leaves a pile of money left!!

I realize I'm a newbie to the PPHA, but I have already learned so much on the forums about predator hunting, guns, etc, I have received more than my money's worth from my annual dues.

I'll do what I can to push as many raffle ticket as possible.  Hopefully other's reading this will be motovated enough to contact Jeff and if nothing else, buy a few raffle tickets just for themselves!!
Jake
York, PA

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
I see where you are coming from and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Some thing to take into consideration though.  You are looking at forum member numbers not PPHA member numbers.  We currently have 216 active members.  Because this raffle goes by the daily number, there are only 1,000 tickets available.

That being said, keep up the good work.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
     Once again, I got an education!  I appreciate the insite Lookn4fur.  I hope no one interprets my posts as "bitching", I'm simply trying to motovate the membership and promote revenue for the PPHA.  I understand every one is on diffrent schedules and has limits on thier times and availability.   Perhaps my enthusiam and appreciation for the PPHA is a little much.  Everyone on here is GREAT, and I'm wanting to do my part as little or great as it may be!  Thanks to everyone out there for all you guys do!!  Your efforts aren't going un  noticed !!
Jake
York, PA

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
I learn everyday and I am an old man! ;D  Just trying to keep everyone informed.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »
 :o You an old man ?? come on now  :P just because you feel like one doesn't mean you are one....but then I wouldn't know  8) Retiring in 112 days...
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
Am 46 now.  Feel like i'm 86.  Don't know if I will ever get to retire.  I hope you enjoy your freedom.  Remember us working stiffs once in a while will ya.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Jake
It is a good thing that you're enthusiastic
About the ppha's revenue.
This is where the funds come from to have picnics and hunt prizes etc.
and without these fundraisers such as the raffle, we wouldn't have the revenue to cover insurance and other items to operate any basic functions of the association.

We are all in this together
The more enthusiasts we have like you,
The better the whole experience is.
Thanks again

Offline JoEy

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »
I'll take 10 tickets if you have them. Do you need my address or do you have it from my membership?

JoEy

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 04:47:09 PM »
is there anyone gonna be at the camp out that can save me 4 tickets?...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...