Author Topic: District 2 & 4 Picnic photos  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
District 2 & 4 Picnic photos
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »
Had a great weekend with good folks and good food.
Thanks DJ and Tim for a great event.

Here's BigBen with one of his Catfish....

and Nick with one....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: District 2 & 4 Picnic photos
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
Did I mention great Food?...
Ribs...

Leglifter slow cook'n ribs...

Fried Catfish and Jalapeno poppers

Sorry I didn't get picture of fresh cut fries...they were gone shortly after they hit the table...LOL.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:53:17 PM by Hern »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
Night fish'n...
Uncle Buck (l.) and Swarter2 (r.) wait'n for a bite...

BigBen (l.) and Buckwheat (r.) get'n a nibble...

Jake wait'n on the big one...

back at camp...the camp fire...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
I had a great time and am whooped time to go to bed.  here is the only pic I took all weekend. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
Gee did you guys miss a good time.. Probably the best food I ever ate camping too...Stuffed japenos,  fried catfish, French Fries if you were fast enough to get to where they set after frying...Things disappeared within seconds...You had to be fast but they kept on showing up at the spot all the outstanding cooks made sure there was plenty for everyone

Thank You DJ and Tim for getting this event together..  Thank you to all of the people performing the cooking..

Hern thank you for capturing many of the things that happen on photo.  We all appreciate it....

Fishing could have been better for me... I was ready to pull out the DuPont  Plugs but the good Lord got my lines so tangled up I knew he did not want me  to use the my last trick that was at the bottom of my catfish gear pail..I would have woke up the camp for sure...

You should have seen the Channels that were caught?  Ben's must have been 27-28 inches long... Also Tim son caught his first Channel Cat..That surely will be a memory he will share with his dad and him  for a long time to come..  Thats what it's all about!!!!!

Hopefully next time more of you all will show up for an outstanding event like this put on by your PPHA district coordinators.   Keep up the Good Work District 2 & 4!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:03:47 PM by uncle buck »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
Me and my girls had a great time.  Funny thing though I fell asleep before the kids when I got home.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:49:20 AM »
Same here Dave.  I will have more photos for you all later tonight.  Thanks again, I had a blast.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »
I want to thank dj and tim for putting this together.  it was a great weekend and great food.  with even better company.  it was good to see hern, UB, ernie, swarter and his daughters, along with the long haul award for bob rozzo.  if anyone went home hungry it is because they didnt want to eat.  food was excellent.  the weekend was perfect.  weather was great and the bugs were not really all that bad.  I only stuck on bug spray one time saturday morn but a steady breeze kept em at bay most of the weekend.  cant wait till next years event. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »
Couple more photos for everyone.

Bob making a hog of his self.

DJ was a close second in the hog category.

Uncle Buck and Big Ben chatting it up.

The fresh cut fries before they were cooked.  I almost lost a finger.

Swarter and Family

Preparing for the launch.  Hern, Ernie, Nick and Bob.

This picture is for Leglifter.  You know why.

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Ha! I like that last pictures caption! You may have to fight the thing I saw at the gas station though! I would like to thank everyone that came out for making this event a success. As everyone has said on here, we had great food, great laughs, and a few memories thrown in there as well. Hopefully we can start a tradition down here in the south central districts. Hopefully by the looks of the great pictures taken by Hern and Tim (thank you both), we can get some more people to make the trip next year! It was great meeting a few of the names I see on the page and getting to know the others better, share stories(lies), and learn new tactics/skills. Fantastic event, can't wait until next year!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
So... D5 came in first in the "Making a hog of his self" competition, and D2 ran a close second.
Way to go D5!!!

Seriously though,
I had a great time, it was awesome seeing all you again, and meeting the members that I haven't met yet.
The food kicked butt,
 Ben's display of cat fishing expertise was second to none.
Tim's kids were a trip( although they could use a good thrashing)
Great conversations and camaraderie.

Thanks to D2 and D4 (Dj and Tim) for turning the wrenches on a great event!

Rock-n-Roll!!!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »
Thanks guys for a great time, just hanging out around the fire is priceless.  I will be there next year again for sure.  I even am learning how to catch those big catfish. Ben is really getting good at this catfish fishing and has given me some tips to try. I also would like to thank the guys again that did the cooken, especially you Bob for driving so far and cooking so good. Swarter good to meet you, now I can now put a face to swarter2 board name.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
just saying what works for me.  no expert just like to fish.   ;)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »
Looks like you guys had a ball. I wish I could have made it. Congrats on a job well done.
President PPHA