Author Topic: Attend one of your high school reunions it will make you think a bit about life  (Read 2350 times)

uncle buck

I had a good time I attended a 43 year gone by get together of my high school class..A Clambake...Only 31 members of the class attended but also their guest to so it was a good turn out..
So.....What do you learn at a reunion:
One thing is you get to find out is how the members of your class that are not with us passed on. So far for me 27 are dead.
However when you start to hear how some died you start to think how life is too short and you need to enjoy yourself..
of course...Most died from Cancer and heart attacks at an early age,  car accidents, but three deaths that really made me think was:
One died because he chewed smokeless tobacco..I quit chewing smokeless tobacco 12 + years ago...They removed the jaw bone on him first and then the cancer just killed him.
Another died retrieving a duck on the Susquehanna River on one January duck hunt..Not with a boat..He walked into the river to get the duck, got a cramp and drowned.
Another got shot by another hunter while he was turkey hunting..
What had a profound affect on me was talking to the guys that were in the military during the Vietnam era.. While they did not talk about killing people in Nam...a few there were wounded in Vietnam real bad too..Kind of made me reflect back on that era..
So if you get a chance go to one of your high school reunions. It can really make you start to think about how short life really is  and that you need to enjoy life now.."GET OUT AND CLIMB THEM MOUNTAINS< TAKE THOSE OUT OF STATE TRIPS,JUST ENJOY LIFE>

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Yea...the last one I went to....I decided that I never went to school with those old women and those bald fat guys!!!! ::) ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

Pagoose, man are you correct.... Some of the women that were LOOKERS in high school.. Oh my....that gravitational pull is real hard on their bodies as years go by.