Author Topic: looking to buy a caller for coyotes.  (Read 2399 times)

Offline bullwhip

looking to buy a caller for coyotes.
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »
Have anyone used a minaska caller. and can compaire it to a foxpro. I hear foxpro are good but the minaska has 400 yard range they say. both are about the same price. thanks.

BP

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
Is the 400 yard range that important?  I can't see needing to be that far away.

Offline Ringtail

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:57:24 PM »
BP I tend to agree, do you need 400 yards range....NO. What caller is best? That's up to your way of thinking. They are both good callers, but I lean towards the FoxPro. :wink:

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:18:36 AM »
I have not heard the minaska but there seems to be a following.  I have a foxpro and it is great as long as you make your own sounds.  it seems that the sounds that foxpro sells everyone and there brother buys em.  so even though you think that you are the only one calling the area most of the time another person has snuck in and called it allready once.  I use the off the wall sounds and I have some of my own that I have on it.  if you get proficent with hand calling and have a calling partner then I do not think it is needed.  but on certian nights and daytime calling they are great.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”