Author Topic: bait question  (Read 3112 times)

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
bait question
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »
If you had a bait out , and you had a coyote and a bobcat working it. And then one night each were there at the same time, witch would you shoot:?:  :?:  :D
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
bait question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
Is this a test?

I would shoot the Coyote because I live in Pennsyltucky and we are loaded with flea biten, Deer eat'n Coyotes!! and I want to bring back the Deer heard as I knew it as a boy but want to keep the antler restrictions and did I mention I couldn't shoot thathere Bobcat even if'n he stood in front of the gun barrel with his paws in the air....I don't have a freak'n permit this year!!

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
bait question
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »
It was late when I posted it so I forgot to machine that  THE BAIT ISN'T IN PAI got a couple e-mail from what I was told are the ranches I hunt .and in one it shows a large bobcat sharing a meal with a coyote.

We really don't bait but we do try and keep all the carcases of harvest hogs and what not's in one area of the ranch. He always put a trail cam up to see what's hitting it.
this was the first time I ever seen both cat and dog at one at the same time

i hope this is a true photo of one of my ranches becouse its one big cat :lol:

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
bait question
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »
george.....goto the huntingpa site....down to the trail cam forum....look for a thread i made titled 'georgia pics'.....see if the one pic in there of a bobcat & coyote is the same one....if it is...its been around the net awhile....i was told it was from a hunt lease in georgia...but  guess it isnt
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
bait question
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:17 AM »
If it was legal and all. I would try for both. I would also probably walk away empty handed

BP

bait question
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »
I don't wait over bait, so I guess neither.

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
bait question
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
220 woody

they are the ones,
i got the e-mail last night from a guy in Texas he told me they were from one of the ranches i hunt but i thought they were bogus . i don't remember them feeders on any of the ranches i hunt.
but i think i would shoot the coyote because the cats are really receptive to calling and almost think i could call that cat right back in the next night.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
bait question
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 05:32:48 AM »
ok George, if'n you can shoot either/or I would definitely kill all the Bobcats I could.
Look at the high dollar prices the auctions are pay'n for cats!!