Author Topic: Lip Squeak?  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« on: January 12, 2007, 02:39:28 PM »
I have a feeling people think a kissing sound is a lip squeak. I've heard the sound and it don't sound like a kiss to me. Can anyone explane how it's done?

BP

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »
Yes, it sounds like squeaky lips or kissing.  Not sure what you heard.
Either you are a slobberish kisser or perhaps you are referring to the "lip fart".

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 11:15:27 PM »
BP, not trying to be disrespectful, but if you know anything about a hand squeak ( a kissing sound ) and a lip squeak ( not a kissing sound ) , you'd know what I'm talking about.

BP

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:28 PM »
No disrespect taken or delivered.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Lip Squeak?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:38:21 AM »
everyone has there own style.  the one that I thought was a lip squeak sounds like a vole in distress.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
bigben,  a lip squeak is  made by sucking air in the side of your mouth. Most people think it's a kissing type sound, not even close.
The best way to learn the sound is listen to a tape of the sound then practice it, it takes time to learn but well worth it.
You kind of turn your lips over your teeth, then suck air through the side of your mouth.

Offline 97dend

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
Here is some info on the lip squeak.

http://www.coyotegods.com/rcronk.html

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Lip Squeak?
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »
ya I know how to make it.  but mine I guess sounds more like a vole in distress then a squeak.  it seems to work for me.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline 97dend

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
Yep! as long as it works. I can't seem to get any good sound using my mouth.

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
Thanks 97dend, if it can help someone that's all I care about. I know Old Rich Cronk and the Coyote Gods, John Henry and Vic Carlson, all great guys in the World of predator calling.

Offline slyfox

• Junior Forum Member
Lip Squeak?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 04:31:19 PM »
THE LIP SQUEAK IS JUST THAT..........A LIP SQUEAK...........NOT KISSING OR A SOUND OF TWO PEOPLE KISSING.......And seeing how there is no two humans built alike it's very hard to explain how to do it.....
IT AINT OVER TILL I SAY ITS OVER

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
True slyfox, no two people are built alike, but there is only one way to lip squeak and it's not that hard to do, heck I can do it and I'm not the smartest guy on the planet.
I learned from the same guy Rich Cronk did, Rich learned in person and I read about how to do it.
Of all the sounds a person can make without a call to attract predators, I do believe the lip squeak is by far the best. I also believe if a person is a serious caller they should learn how to do it.
I also believe the more tricks you have in your bag the better.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Lip Squeak?
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 07:03:02 AM »
test

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Lip Squeak?
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:18 AM »
i am new to predator hunting but i have called in the past,  i can do a lip squeak so it sounds like a dying rodent.  i watched randy andersons, the truth -  calling all coyotes, he does a sound that sounds like a wet kiss or a sucking sound that i think people are thinking it is a lip squeak, it seems like he is trying to stop them for a shot, but they never stop they just keep coming.  so is that a call that he is doing??

Offline Ringtail

Lip Squeak?
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:25:37 PM »
Yeah Scott the kissing sound sometimes works, but almost any kind of off the wall sound can sometimes stop a coyote. A good one to use and probably the best is a dog bark.
Scott you are right, most think a kiss is a lip squeak. Another sound can be made called a hand kiss by making a kissing sound on the back of your hand. You can also make a hand squeak close to a lip squeak sound on your hand.