Author Topic: Tips for a first timer.  (Read 3044 times)

Offline BloodyIgor

Tips for a first timer.
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:13:09 PM »
Hey, I am going out coyote hunting very soon for the first time.  Any tips or suggestions for the first time going out.  I have read and been studing about it but it still will be my first time. :twisted:

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »
Night or day ?
E-caller or mouth ?

Russ

Offline slyfox

• Junior Forum Member
Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:39:59 PM »
don't get smelled :shock:
IT AINT OVER TILL I SAY ITS OVER

Offline BloodyIgor

Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:51:18 PM »
Starting out in the day and have mouth calls.

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
Quote from: "slyfox"
don't get smelled :shock:

That's a big 10-4

Russ

Offline PREDATOR 10X

Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »
1.Scout area well before even thinking about hunting,look for sign,wind direction,ect.

2.Make sure that youare scent free as possible,same as gear an equiptment..

3.No noise after leavin the vehicle,dont slam doors,loud talkin,ect.

4.Be extreamly still,limit your movement once on stand.

5.Be Patient,It can take up to 5 minutes to over 1 hour for a coyote to show.

6.Leave the area the same way you came in,quite,you never know how many sets of eyes you have settin out there watching you.

Offline Ringtail

Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 11:49:53 PM »
I don't understand...#2...Make sure you are scent free as possible, same as gear and equiptment?

#1...I hear coyotes smell through what ever you have on or are trying to hide. All the pros say no way you'll fool a coyotes nose?

#2...are coyotes scared of the smell of oil off your rifle? The smell of oil or gas off your truck? Do they relate any of that to danger?
I mean most coyotes smell trucks all the time, is it that important when you are hunting them?

Should you not set up your stand so you won't have to worry much about the coyote getting downwind to smell all those goodies? I'm just asking. :wink:  :D

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
Tips for a first timer.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
Quote from: "Ringtail"
I don't understand...#2...Make sure you are scent free as possible, same as gear and equiptment?

Yes its true that it is near impossible to fool a coyotes sense of smell, but it certainly does not hurt to be as scent free a possible.

#1...I hear coyotes smell through what ever you have on or are trying to hide. All the pros say no way you'll fool a coyotes nose?

Yes its true that it is near impossible to fool a coyotes sense of smell, but it certainly does not hurt to be as scent free a possible.

#2...are coyotes scared of the smell of oil off your rifle? The smell of oil or gas off your truck? Do they relate any of that to danger?
I mean most coyotes smell trucks all the time, is it that important when you are hunting them?

They are "scared" of any foreign odors, more so with strong or "fresh" foreign odors.

Should you not set up your stand so you won't have to worry much about the coyote getting downwind to smell all those goodies? I'm just asking. :wink:  :D

Yes it is wise to set up with the wind in YOUR favor.  :wink:  :D
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.