Author Topic: VA Disability Benfits  (Read 3214 times)

uncle buck

VA Disability Benfits
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »
Read in the AARP magazine today that during the Vietnam Era.... That many veterans who had evaluations for service disabiliteis were turned down because they were told to do so by the government....They the  Administration in office advised the VA to do that... That only the worse case senioros should receive benefits... Since then so many disability have been determine a result of miltary service.  For example Agent Orange has caused many a problems that now the VA have confirmed that they are now covered  in this day and age.. Now the VA is being a little bit more fair and they urge any veterans and or retired military to request reevaluation of disabilities that were denied..

visit:  www.va.gov if you want to be reevaluated. 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: VA Disability Benfits
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:42:29 AM »
Maybe I should resubmitt my original claim of my hearing loss that was documented on my discharge papers ...but were denied, they gave me a pair of hearing aids and said that's it!! Yea, I was a gunners mate in the Navy..bang bang boom!! Thanx UB
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
Pagoose wow by all means do it!!!!suggest this:  Go to your own doctor first and have them give you a test to document your hearing loss.  They the VA will not be able to deny that you have a hearing loss.  Paper work for the VA says to attach any documentation. Now if you attach only the document that it was denied they will say....The same applies... Remember in life as we get older things start to even get worse from injuries when we were younger..   Actually by them giving you two hearing aids that in itself means you have a service connected disability...

I knew a women that works where you work... She was in the Army.  She has Acne...They, the VA,  are giving her a disability payment for that!!!!!!!!She might even be a 10 point Veteran!!!!!!!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »
How disabled do you have to be to get hearing aids from the VA? Apply What was your MO or Mos. What did you do in Vietnam? Any other health problems? A lot come under agent orange disability. E mail me with phone number.