Author Topic: The Olt Pheasant Mouth Call  (Read 1866 times)

uncle buck

The Olt Pheasant Mouth Call
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
Gone are the days I use to sit in the thick stuff near evening and wait for a Ringneck to come to roost and pop one for the table...Bushwhacking Ringneck in the thick stuff use to be so neat.

Hence the reason for the Olt Pheasant Call...You could sit in the woods and play with a ringneck brain...Get it upset that another equal to ringneck was in the woods and call them right to you..

However....You could still do this where they stock the birds...But make sure you are wearing a lot of orange.. Since many a small game hunter might come after that cackling Olt Pheasant sound if they hear it over yonder..

Neat to be able to even call in ringneck.. Ah just think how it could have been like in the old days...Could have done some serious RINGNECK CALLING instead of Ringneck hunting the traditional way.

Even the Ruffed Grouse can be ambushed this way...If you know where they roost...You can ambush them by sitting near by and pick them off with shotgun or 22 rifle..  Remember while it's not sporting to shoot a Ringneck or duck with a shotgun by not flushing ...It's OK to shoot a grouse without flushing with a shotgun on the ground..

I wonder who came up with these Ethics about when and not a bird can be shot on the ground without flushing?

If I was calling or ambushing ringneck near a roost.. It would be shot on the ground with a shotgun for sure...
It has been done in the past and still would be done now too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:12:22 PM by uncle buck »