Author Topic: Heavy Duty red and black Craftsman Gear Tool canvas/leather Bag.  (Read 2328 times)

uncle buck

They are under $7.00.  It's a heavy duty tool bag! great for carrying ammo. That's what I'm gong to use the two I got so far... Of course you can put in other predator or trapping gear in it...Electronics, tapes, CD's, FOXPRO Call... ETC ETC Source is Sears or K-Mart.. Wen you see this quality bag in the tool area you will know what I mean...Check it out!!!   Me I keep my gear in tool bags and or tool boxes... When it's time to hunt I just grab the one for the type of hunting i' m going to do and go...Makes a great gift for a hunter or fisherperson in your life too..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:09:46 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Heavy Duty red and black Craftsman Gear Tool canvas/leather Bag.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »
Great Suggestion !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:23 AM »
How big is it?
I'll check it out. Seems I always need another bag.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:19:35 AM »
Jim, I went to the local Sears this weekend. I purchased a 12" bag on sale for $5.99, $6 and change with tax.
I would have purchased a few more but it was the last one. I did stop a Kmart and they didn't have this style of bag.

Thanks for the tip, Jim.
I think I will keep it in the pickup to hold my skun'n gear, for on-the-line skun'n.
As a boy, I carried a short length of binder twine with a slip knot in each end to hang critters for skun'n in the field. I then used a Case pocket knife to skun. (I still have that knife too) Rarely I carried a whole critter home. I also Fox hunted with a friend of Dad's. We always skun Fox, right now, went shot. Just put lightweight pelt in back of hunting coat for easy carry.
Nowadays I carry pointed skun'n knife, cord, chain choker, fur comb, steel, hospital gloves & wet wipes and new bag will be put to use.

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:17 AM »
Just a word of caution on these bags.  I have a couple and learned to grab the bag by the handles only.  If you grab by the zipper it will pull the zipper out of the cordura.  Lesson learned.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 06:55:27 AM »
Also, cut a piece of luan for the inside bottom. 

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
Nice to hear you got your hands on one of the bags Hern!
That bag is good for ammo, electronic callers, predator calls storage. Why you could use it for specific fishing trips! Gear for Channel Cats, carp etc! Why even when you accumulate a lot of power bait!
Figure if someone breaks a zipper bag still can be used.

My wife has two of her own for  her soldering gun and solders! All tools  tools for her crafts!
I was using plastic tool boxes for black powder items, one for deer hunting items!  When the season arrives I just go to the tool box and now bag and get what I need! 

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:44:15 PM by uncle buck »