Author Topic: Fox and Coyote Front Legs  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
Fox and Coyote Front Legs
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
Do ya leave the front legs on your fox and coyotes or do ya cut them off say about 1 inch or so from the body after ya skin them. I have heard both ways but not sure witch way is the right way.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fox and Coyote Front Legs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Depends what you want to do with them.  If your selling them you can cut them off an inch or two from the body.  If you getting it tanned and keeping some do the same and some cut off at the foot.  Some guys like the feet on and of course if its going to ba a full body mount you gotta leave everything on.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
Im looking to sell these ones Lookin4fur I have 2 tanned and 1 mounted already, The 2 that I have tanned make it to wally World once in a while  ;D the granddaughter likes to play with them

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »
Then you can cut them a couple inches from the body.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
i leave them long and use coat hangers for streatchers.  than tuck them in when i ship them.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:01:19 AM »
Cut 'em off at the elbows.
Rosko, read my 'no legs' post from last season....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:25:54 AM by Hern »