Author Topic: Coyote Scouting Today...  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Coyote Scouting Today...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
Where is the flame thrower when you need one?
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D CJ just made Lookin4goodeatin wet his pants  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:54 PM »
So you guys hijack threads often.... It would be nice to add something to the thread instead of  something completely out of text...not ragging just saying....lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:32:35 PM by Predator53 »
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32:09 AM »
P53 says: "So you guys hijack threads often"  >:( >:(.......  >:( Personally I hate "Hijackers" >:( I say BAN "Hijackers" the scourge of any Thread!   :P :P They take over and a Thread with one post  and certain death  ::) get's all blown out of proportion with 5 pages of "Nonsense" with a smattering of advice  ??? ??? So in an attempt to get this Thread back on track  ;) ;) I say watch out for SNAKES, when you go Coyote Scouting Today  ::) or any day for that matter  :P .......also if you find Rattlesnake "GUTZ" either LookN4aSaltShaker was there ahead of you  >:( or a Coyote was defending it's den.  :o :o :o :o........................ ;D............. 8) I think the snake meter was at low at the Park today..to cold 12degrees....but coyotes were looking for a meal.....just sayin......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:34:17 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 07:18:28 AM »
P53 states-
It would be nice to add something to the thread...

I hate to scout or call when rattlesnakes are still out.

Having said that, your scouting pictures appear from the summer or early season. You seem to think the same pair are still there. How can you confirm this?
How do you know this pair wasn't trapped, called and killed, road killed, moved to another zip code and umpteen other things? Just saying.
It's been a week since you said you were hanging more trail cams. Did you do that? Have you checked card yet?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 08:51:48 AM »
I had a place before deer season that had a least 6 different coyotes, once deer season hit they haven't been there, either pushed out by hunter or shot during the season...   they still haven't been back as of 2 weeks ago.   going to check again this week...   

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »
scott, after Deer season this year we had good trapping weather. I know alot of guys continued to trap Coyote. Plus Cable Restraint season came in after Deer season and some guys do well hanging cables.
Not to mention the Coyote houndsmen are out in full force and the ever present Predator Callers.
Plus, there has been several Coyote Contests since Deer season, throughout the state.
Not sure is any of this applies to your area.

This time of year, has the lowest Coyote density.
But not to say we can't kill 'em, if you know where they are, NOW. That's the hard part.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »
Love that picture John.  I would be in heaven!  Of course while I was scouting for coyotes. ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
Love that picture John.  I would be in heaven!  Of course while I was scouting for coyotes. ;D ;D

Thanks and of course you would be scouting for coyotes, what else would you be scouting for?   I had a reply for P53 but it must of been too controversial as it got deleted almost as soon as it was posted.  Guess I'm the resident bad guy.   

A few thin skinned, humorless guys around here. 
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »
I had a place before deer season that had a least 6 different coyotes, once deer season hit they haven't been there, either pushed out by hunter or shot during the season...   they still haven't been back as of 2 weeks ago.   going to check again this week...
                I'm assumming they are the same pair,by the times Ive scounted and hunted  this small  farm...I took down my 4 trail cams from that little farm after bow season.I've seen the one female coyote just last week on a night hunt...160 yards would nt commit and i was carry a 22 mag.This farm gets no pressure. Second Farm where we were scouting there's 4 coyotes living there...one male(He hacks his legs) 3 females( have seen  squatting aleast once and seen other signs,i'm assumming their females...I'm also asumming their females,because no male's going to let other males on his territory...I'm asumming once again they are the litter mates from last year..How do i know watched them during the summer and they also approached my setup a month ago in the same area...The Alpha pair has a (den..holding area what every you want to call it and has been useing it for aslong as i know...I'm putting out the trail cams hopefully on Sunday let you know,how i do.....hopefully i answered some of your questions...Rusty

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:07 PM »
Ahhh...John not thin skinned...I'm far from it....if you knew me you would never make that comment...just did'nt think hijacking the thread and adding snakes into it made any sense when we're in the winter time...but i'll watch out for the snow snakes...thanks for being concerned...Rusty

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »
If I'm not mistaken there were three maybe four comments about rattlesnakes prior to my comment and picture.    Maybe a couple after it also.  If'n you are the guy that deleted it I stand by what I said - thin skinned and humorless.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
Hey John your aloud to voice your opinion.....but remember opinions are like (-------s) everybody has one...Rusty

Offline Rookie furtaker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 05:49:37 PM »
Anyone gonna try their luck in tomorrows arctic Temps? Just curious

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 06:12:39 PM »
Im passing on tomorrow,because of the wind....might go out tonight or Sunday afternoon...