Author Topic: Locating  (Read 8042 times)

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Locating
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »

On another point not related to calling:  UB said "I can say the Polish thing because I'm Slovak" and then Quattro said " I'm Italian ".  Are you guys here on a green card or are you illegals.  Why do people say they are whatever, when I'm asked my nationality I say I'm American and proud of it. 

Just one of my pet peeves, if I made you think about it -- good.

This is almost so trivial its not worth the reply. I'll just say don't over think this guys pride of country...this country. I'll leave it at that. I appreciate the concern though..I think you just needed to look a little closer at the actual context of the conversation..and there is also nothing wrong with recognizing where you're heritage is from..that has nothing to do with ones pride of being American..in fact, in some cases it makes you more proud...If I made you think about it --good.
PPHA President

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
AMEN Quattro!

We are predator hunters thats what we are!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
I was hunting with my brother and nephew this morning. As soon as the Alpha Dogg Coyote with Rabbit expert hunt broke the silence the lowest possible howl I ever heard in my life broke the  silence 150  yards on a ridge. I could tell it was a old male dog! 2 min into the sequence he came down off that ridge and I could see his eyes at the 90 yard mark. It was i that busted us. He got right in line with the sound and my scent cone and he disappeared just like that. I could tell it was a male  and I could tell it was a old dog!

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
CJ PetPeeves? I remember a another one of your is when a hunter refers to a coyote as a YOTE or YOTES!
Pennsylvania is a great melting pot  of immagrants. They came here to work in the hard coal ans soft coal jobs. All the ethnic groups just lived in same towns. They did that for strength. Areas of the state are known for the particular ethnic groups! NEPA has many Slovak and Polish, Italians, Irish, Welsh, Hungarian, etc. The city of Pittsburgh is the same way while towns like Philadelphia are not. Many of us still  follow all the traditions of our ethnic groups during all the holidays. That's were our pride comes in. We actually are Americans first. I wouldn't vote for a president just because  he was a Slovak. Now look at the other ethnic races in America. Furgeson, Mo some of those people put their ethnics  first before the American way. This is sickening!!!put their ethnic background before a police officer who offers somewhat protection. There are parts of Pa that there is no ethnic pride. People don't even know Where they came from. CJ i think your of Italian decent. Surely your mom and dad had special foods and traditions when you lived in Pa? I tell you one thing I'm not going to rally for a Slovak month and get pissed off if doesn't happen. If I felt that way I best get on a plane and go back to Slovakia. People don't like America and put their ethnic first need to take all that immagration Federal money and give them plane and bus tickets to their old country locations.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:22:06 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
To call a coyote they have to be there. Pa calling blindly into the night makes people think they are failures at calling. However if a coyote was there with proper triggers to that coyotes brain it will come in.
Sirens do give you a tool to use to see if coyotes are in a area. However your best way to know if they are there is word of mouth.
That coyote I called in this morning. The caretaker of that land saw it yesterday morning on that farm. I knew it was there and I used the right sound on the Alpha Dogg to get a response. 
I should of placed my scent cone on line with the  abandoned farm  house and that would have blocked my scent cone. My nephew would have had a shot. Goes to show you in populated Pa? 20 yards to the right would have  given my shooter a shot.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:43:54 PM by uncle buck »

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
This topic is too important to discuss my pet peeves so I moved my reply to you and QUATTRO to Off Topic.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 08:46:52 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Hmmmmm I see it was deleted....I wonder why the truth can not be told?? :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »
I deleted it, due to its content!
I don't believe this is the platform to discuss why one is against another's ethnic background and why they feel others should not feel the way they do about said background ie family history, or where their ancestors came from.
I found it to be in bad taste.
If anyone would like to discuss this further, I'm easy to get a hold of.
Cell 717-916-8132
Email spart66@yahoo.com
Or on here.
Darin Hosier
Pro Staff

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
Darin – “I found it to be in bad taste.”  You have bad taste buds.  You said and I quote:  “ why one is against another's ethnic background and why they feel others should not feel the way they do about said background ie family history, or where their ancestors came from.” 

No place, absolutely no place in my reply did I even hint that I was AGAINST anyone’s ethnic background, family history or AGAINST where their ancestors came from.  You have poor comprehension skills of the American language. 
I have made many friends on this site and have not only invited them out here but have had them stay in our home while they are here.  They are of all ethnic backgrounds, to insinuate that I am some sort of biased/racist person is totally unfounded and again no place did I indicate such in my reply. 
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

uncle buck

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
I was posting land today for a property owner. Location? Wow snow never lies!  Saw all kinds if tracks in the snow even about a 32 pound coyote track!  Coon, deer, red fox and turkey were present!  If your in the Pa snow area today just take a walk on one of your properties!

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »
I must be dumb then, thank you for pointing it out CJ!
I will delete it again and again if need be. I already said this is not the platform for what was in your post and that's how it is.
Feel free to contact UB and Quattro via PM if you would like them to know what your original post stated.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:06:47 PM by Bowman66 »
Darin Hosier
Pro Staff

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »
I must be dumb then, thank you for pointing it out CJ!

At least we agree on something.

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
CoyoteJohn said: "I have made many friends on this site and have not only invited them out here but have had them stay in our home while they are here.  They are of all ethnic backgrounds, to insinuate that I am some sort of biased/racist person is totally unfounded and again no place did I indicate such in my reply."

CoyoteJohn ,I hope you saw the personal message I left you. Furthermore, it is funny how you use the word insinuate here when you called into question my patriotism and insinuated that I perhaps wanted to lay claim to some other country as my homeland..and please do not say you were merely proclaiming a pet peeve of yours. You took something totally out of context and spun it into something so far from what was being said it was pathetic. I am all in favor of having your post, that you left under the  "off topic" section, re-posted so more can see how far out in left field you really were on this. You asked questions such as "if Slovakia or Italy declared war, would you fight for the USA?" ...seriously??.. you asked that to someone who is a veteran! Seems as though you like to stir the pot and sit behind a computer and watch what comes of it. Like I said in my PM to you, you have nothing to worry about as far as my love of country and do not know me well enough to be in position to draw any conclusions about it.  Lastly, I appreciate your passion.. especially when we do have people in this very country that have questionable loyalty to this great land..not to mention certain groups globally that wish to undermine our ways. However, I suggest you spend your energy on those people and not on people like myself and others who you attacked based on something that you obviously took out of context....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:24:41 PM by QUATTRO »
PPHA President

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 04:37:33 PM »
I'm gonna jump in here and point out that you are an "American" you were born and raised here period!!!!!! an adjective added is just your claim to some sort of heritage....but the bottom line is "American" and rest assured there are a lot of Vets on this site. We are all attached to some historical heritage, but not all believe it needs to be flaunted as we all are Heinz 57 variety...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:39:51 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 07:18:53 PM »
I'm gonna jump in here and point out that you are an "American" you were born and raised here period!!!!!! an adjective added is just your claim to some sort of heritage....but the bottom line is "American" and rest assured there are a lot of Vets on this site. We are all attached to some historical heritage, but not all believe it needs to be flaunted as we all are Heinz 57 variety...

Ok, I'll jump back in here too... are you going to sit here and "point out" to me that I'm American?? This is laughable.. Again, its not needed, but thank you..I have made it crystal clear where I stand on that and yet some are still trying to drive home some outlandish idea it is otherwise based on absolutely nothing. It's beyond ridiculous. And "flaunted"...?? Who was flaunting anything?? Please clarify where..Seems some of you got awfully bent out of shape over it.. you must have the same insecurities, I mean "pet peeve" as CoyoteJohn...and although this was on an open forum, my remark about "being Italian" was directed solely to someone else and not you and only made in keeping with the context of the conversation him and I were having..but it seems this context thing is a concept a chosen few on here seem unable to grasp or simply want to overlook...perhaps because their initial gripe holds no water...hard to say which. So let me ask you goose, did you read CoyoteJohns post in the off topic section before it was deleted?? I can tell you, since you mentioned vets, I found it utterly inflammatory and rude to question a veterans loyalty to this country as he did in that post..do you feel that was justified based on something as simple as mentioning ones heritage? Apparently so, since you felt the need to inject yourself into it. If your true goal is to show you patriotism and stand up for America, I'm all for it and I stand with you, as a proud American, but if your goal is to attack others you don't know anything about, based on something that is clearly not an issue at this point, than God Bless you and have fun taking that walk with CoyoteJohn and whoever else wants to join you..I'll choose to go a different route.
PPHA President