Author Topic: Which Foxpro to buy  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Which Foxpro to buy
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »
I paid 695 for my fx5

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 12:20:55 AM »
I paid well over the $650 + but did get the 10% PPHA discount when I went right to Foxpro for the caller.. Funny when I first purchased it and tried to load sounds I had so many problems.  I even said to myself "WHAT HAVE I DONE!" Then I started playing around with it and now I have about 164 sounds on it. Many are my own calling on there too and that helps.. I kind of had to break the code but when I did it was easy...Thanks to Bigben he just told me to drag my add on sounds to the FP add on tool and that helped a lot.. Was I happy paying the $650.00....Ah No!!!See I do use a lot of mouth calls to so I don't totally rely on electronics but there are times for electronics and there are times for mouth calling, hand calling and the human voice..
Joe at Foxpro also helped me out with all kinds of guidance....Can't beat their customer service that's for sure...  I have had the FX5 since July 2007 and it just keeps on working!!!!Come July it will be 4 years old....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:23:31 AM by uncle buck »

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »
It's been a few years since I bought one,I guess I dont remembber paying more than a Fury for it. I think the Firestorm replaced the FX5???

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 06:57:43 AM »
i have both the Fury and the Spitfire.  The quality of the fury is much better than the spitfire.  i use the spitfire as a backup caller incase my fury has problems in the field.   i have never really had a problem with my fury, except one time where i put the caller between me and a mountain and I could not get it to work but other than that i have had it over 200 yards away from me and it has worked.  the fury is an mp3 player and can hold up to 500 sounds.  i have about 140 on mine mostly foxpro with some Johnny Stewart.  downloading sounds is very easy with the foxpro website.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:49 AM »
The fx3 was originally 500 bux I believe.  when the fx-5 came out foxpro had an option to update the fx-3 to a fx-5 which was 200bux.  The fury is what replaced the fx-5.  It really didn't replace it.  it made it obsolete basically.  the fury was cheaper and had more features. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »
I do like the Fury.  Reading the write up on it, it seems to be the "latest and greatest" and tailored specifically to what predator hunters want.  I don't care about the add on speakers because I don't think I would use them, especially when hunting alone, which is most of the time.  My biggest gripe with Power Dogg is you when it doesn't work when you push the button, because something is blocking the signal.  You cant always be 'in line' with the speaker.  You also cant download sounds.  I like that you can record your own sounds like UB mentioned.  He's right, no other caller is playing "your sounds".  I have stopped coyote and fox making mouth sounds. (didn't get the coyote) but I got the fox.

Thanks for all the help and reponses.  When I buy one it will be the Fury.
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:27:35 AM »
make sure you use your ppha membership discount. 

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
Were should I purchase it from, that I could use th discount?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
right from foxpro.  if you get it any where else the discount is not valid. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
also if you buy from foxpro you can pick all of your sounds. 

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
Thanks guys!!  And Ben, I still want to get out with you to hunt, I was sorry I couldnt go last time.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »
seasons getting short now.  and weekends are filling up fast.  I will have to check my calander and see what is open.  you game for friday nights I believe?  might be the only time to get out. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:25:40 PM by bigben »

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Probably..I just emailed Becky about the district 2 hunt this weeknd.  I would like to go.  I am also in the process of ordering the Fury from Foxpro.  Just faxed them the 100 sounds I want.  Thanks for all or your help folks.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
Sounds like you need fresh batteries in your Powerdogg.....Even my Foxpro FX5 will do that once the batteries get weak. Could be either the remote batteries or the caller itself..

Check the batteries in the remote.  I put fresh batteries in the caller and not the remote and same thing happenned to me.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »
Fury being delivered this afternoon!  Thanks for all your help folks!