Author Topic: finally got mt first yote  (Read 6400 times)

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
Re: finally got mt first yote
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 08:41:35 PM »
I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

No you don't.

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »
hey furbug and everyone else i posted my first kill of a yote....it was that a first....anything after that is gonna between me and my maker....it is a fool hardy man who brags about all that he has accomplished...it is a morally modest man that is willing to impart his knowledge to those that are willing to listen...so uncle buck and who ever else has anything to make for a productive hunt i'm all ears or should i say eyes......so with that said good hunting everyone oz....

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 03:49:42 AM »

Oz, nice job on the coyote. I think the more you can learn here is less time it takes you to become successfull on a more frequent basis. Now you are hooked you have the first one under your belt. You will find sometimes the outer edges of fields produce more coyotes then walking into them. Setup up high in cross winds, where funnels meet fields. And remember different areas require different setups. I have killed many on farm roads, gas lines, etc.
Where do you see most rabbits while driving? "the back roads". Also target good deer and turkey population areas. And last but not least outskirts of big cities.
During deer season, and immediately after deer season target areas close to towns, use a shotgun and dim that light. Also try to be scent free as possible, you cannot, and will not fool a coyotes nose, but if you don't try to keep the human scent down, and use the wind you will not bag as many.