Author Topic: finally got mt first yote  (Read 6402 times)

uncle buck

Re: finally got mt first yote
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 10:35:14 PM »
There is a time when you have to kill coyotes even when they have pups.

April....Women called us...Coyotes were killing wild turkeys...Then they started showing up at the womens house.. Small ones ran away when women came out with a broom to scare them  off.. the big one the Alpha male...Started Growling at the women when she came out of the house..
women also notice that the coyote would climb the stairs and went up on to her elevated deck...She's watching TV...Coyote climbs the steps.  here she sees the coyote passing her large window while she is watching the tube...It goes up the steps and who knows what it was after on her elevated deck.  By the way  Brother Tom and I got that Alpha Male in Mid Spring by calling...

Smaller coyotes just cleared the area after that..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:36:23 PM by uncle buck »

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:13 AM »
Uncle Buck,
Just curious, How many coyotes have you bagged?  I read where you call in bunches, but never read how many.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
Hunt hard, shoot straight, and appologize to nobody. 

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 07:28:42 PM »
Uncle Buck,
Just curious, How many coyotes have you bagged?  I read where you call in bunches, but never read how many.

Ah win a few lose a few.  Are you a paying member of PPHA?  I have hunted with quite a few members of PPHA. So they have been there when the coyotes, and coon, and red fox and gray fox  have come into the calls...So we hunt hard, shoot straight, and don't apologize to nobody..

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
Nice going oz. If I was presented with the same situation I would have done the same thing. Shoot straight and apologize to no one.
President PPHA

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Uncle Buck,

Ah win a few lose a few.  Are you a paying member of PPHA?  I have hunted with quite a few members of PPHA. So they have been there when the coyotes, and coon, and red fox and gray fox  have come into the calls...So we hunt hard, shoot straight, and don't apologize to nobody..

You dodged the question of how many have you killed.  I just find it strange that someone with so much advice to give on the subject has never killed one. 

It is well documented here that I am not currently a member and why.  I too have hunted with current and past members, not sure what this has to do with you not killing any coyotes.  Are you trying to say the ppha members keep you off the scoreboard?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »
Furbug,

He has not saying he has never killed one nor is he saying that he has killed one.  He will  say on the board how many he has called both fox and coyote but he never says how many he has killed.  He has his reasons.  I have hunted with UB several times and have always had opportunities, I use his methods for both fox and coyotes and kill plenty of both.   I have also gotten away from posting numbers on the board for the same reasons UB doesn't.  So pressure the guy all you want but if you ever want to put your money up on a friendly weekend two man hunt, i will take UB and we will see how much fur we can put in the back of the truck in a weekend. 

Scott

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
Are you his mouth? ::)  Do you read his mind? ::)  Do you talk to lurkers like boot mud? ;D

Scott, I really don't care how many he calls in, how many he kills, or what his reasons are for being ashamed of it.  I just think he should answer for himself and be up front and stand up to the people he is giving advice to.  You mentioned you kill plenty of coyote and also are free with the advice, how many is plenty for you?  I'm not looking to pressure Buck, but if he feels pressured by my question, it is because of the situation he has created.

I will take you up on a 2 man team weekend of coyote hunting if it is you and Buck, both teams hunt in unfamiliar and the same territory, we make personal contact Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and the prize is worthwhile.  Let me know as I'm sure you speak for Buck too.

"but if you ever want to put your money up"  How much $$ are you looking to risk?  Make it worth my effort.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
Bucks in the south east, I am in the east almost mid, how about somewhere in the central northern tier.  I will match whatever you want and if UB doesn't want to hunt with me I will do it myself. 

Check in daily
temp of animal has to be at least 65
and inspection by a third party. 

Count me in. 

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
I'm beginning to think you are uncle buck.  You speak for him and represent him.  You hunt with him but want to hunt alone on a bet.  You requested a 2 man team hunt/bet including him.  Has anyone ever seen both of you at the same time? ::)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
lol, i put my correct name on the board, don't use a screen name or hide my identity like some people.    I didn't want to speak for UB that is why i said i would hunt myself if need be.   sounds like your already backing out. 

uncle buck

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:56:38 PM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »
not even to Buck Poision??????  I mean furbug ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:06:20 PM by scott »

uncle buck

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 08:18:31 PM »
Now see this is a good learning experience... This is how you need to yank a coyote chain to get them upset and make them put their guard down.  You all do this to a coyote....Think of them not as a dumb stray dog but a canine smarter then a Lab...Yank that coyotes chain just like people try to yank a humans chain and you will call in the smartest coyotes....

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »
Hey Buck, I'm not trying to yank your chain.  Sorry you feel that way.  I'll ask you questions you're more comfy with in the future.