Author Topic: finally got mt first yote  (Read 6401 times)

Offline ozadug9

finally got mt first yote
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
well i finally got my first yote today!!!!
i went out to this farm i just got permission to hunt a little while ago..the owner of this farm was telling me that he had some yotes on the property along with some ground hogs too that he wanted taken care of.....so i did some scouting around for any signs of yotes and i found some actually i found alot of signs....so i was thinking that there was a den on the poperty some where and there is cause i saw 4 pups in one of the fields and before i could get set up to shoot they spotted me and took off...so i waited a few days well actually it was a week or so cause it started raining for the next several days along with some very wind days till a front past by yesterday and cooled things down into the 70's for highs and mid 40's for lows....so i went out there this afternoon around 4 pm....set up my stand in a lower part of a field...i set my foxpro caller out along with my mojo decoy went back to where i was sitting and tried to start my caller with a baby rabbit distress but nothing was happening..so i had to go see what was wrong with my caller...well you got to turn it on and put the antenna up for it to work...with that fixed i snuck back to where i was sitting....i took a few mins to get settled back in before i started calling...it wasn't 10 mins or so when i was caught looking the wrong was again....i thought that the yote would come out of the thick brush at the middle edge of the field but that was wrong the yote came out at the top of the field about 150 yards away....this yote was looking dead at my decoy with me pionting the wrong direction some.....so as i repositioned my gun and shooting sticks for the shot...my shooting sticks decided to come apart cause one end was stuck in the ground....as i tried to get them back together the yote spotted me....luckly the shooting sticks clicked back together and the yote stopped to look at my decoy one more time and gave me the time i need to shoot her....35 lbs female...now all i have to do is take care of her pups at a later date....now if someone can tell me how to post pics i have a couple to post....good hunting

uncle buck

Re: finally got mt first yote
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
Nice size female....Thanks for sharing your story....What caliber did you get it with?

open  a free "Photobucket" acct... Load your pictures from your files...It's simple..Just follow the prompts.  Pictures you want to load here copy and paste them from Photobucket into your reply or new topic. Copy and paste the link that is for post to web sites.  Usually copy to recommendation for web sites appear on the bottom of the 4 recommended links to copy..   http://photobucket.com/
Don't copy the one that people can see your entire photobucket acct...

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:34:39 AM »
well i think i did this right and there are pics to look at....uncle buck i shot her with a 52 gr hollow point .223 t/c prohunter

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »
ok cute bald kid is the grandson...i need to get a little more computer skills

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
What county?

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »
i shot her in beaver county

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
Real nice thanks for sharing the photos.. Grandson looks like soon he will be able to catch a few bluegills aka sunnies...

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Great job neighbor,
How did she smell?

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »
Good job but you probably killed all the pups also. I like fall hunting better when pups are grown

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »
I think that was the plan FP51

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »
great job on the first yote, hopefully many many more to come. 

Offline ColonelAngus

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »
Good job oza. Kill 'em all!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Congrats Oz. Get em when you can.
FayetteNam

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:39 AM »
ozadug9,

Congrats to you.  Nice goin! :)

bootmud

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
thanks guys for the support and for all the stuff i picked up from reading everyone's posts on what works and how to set up.....
hey foxpro51 i thought long and hard on if i should go after these yotes because i was well informed on that there was pups 4 to be exact but the owner of the property asked if i would take care of this for him.....this family of yotes had cleaned out his chickens and domestic rabbits also...he had informed me that this was a on going problem for the last couple of years.....i would have preferred to wait till fall or later to collect the pelts but the yotes where starting to come around the house with no fear of the owner.....yes i plan on going out there again very soon to take the pups also so they wont suffer....it was a question of weather to take them now or wait...but the need was to do it now before anymore loss to the property owner happened....so if i offended you with taking this yote i'm sorry...but this situation need taken care of and still does till the number of yotes on this property is lowered some....i cant say that i didn't enjoy it cause i did but i also know that i have to finish what i started in a timely manner too...this is a lesson that i learned by taking this yote and one everyone needs to understand....i have been chasing yotes around for the last 7 or 8 years now and have been learning as much as i can in order to get one....so when i shot my yote i was well aware of the ramifications of what i did and on what has yet to be done....so everyone good hunting i hope everyone gets a yote or 2.....oz