Author Topic: Who started this club?  (Read 6375 times)

Offline PaCoyotenut

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Who started this club?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »
Ernie, I do not have the pictures Aaron does. The club was definitly formed then. We organized it at one of the meetings at the Library. He has posted the pics before on one of the hunting sites.The hunt was in January or February. The PPHA get together out around Harrisburgh was In September prior to that January or February.

Sorry I do not ever remember disscussing any of this with you before. You must be thinking of someone else. Not trying to argue with you either,just trying to jar your memory.

Mike

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
Mike
I am not saying you guys did not talk about it and even think you started it. All I am saying is I have the written facts. I can not change the notified meeting we had at Norristown or the first meeting minutes and elections.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline PaCoyotenut

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
 Ernie, you are getting me cornfused now. I am in NO way saying we started the club.I give Bob P. all the credit for starting the club and soley to him and no one else. Me personally, I consider Bob P. the Grandfather of the club. and a good man. If you had a meeting at the Norristown Library, then you had a meeting there, so be it. I ment the Hunt was organized at the meeting not the actual PPHA Club.

But the club was formed and we were all members when we had the hunt up at Aaron's place in Pike county. Bob P. was there with us. Sorry you didn't make it.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:50:21 PM by PaCoyotenut »

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 12:03:30 PM »
I remember this question being asked on Huntingpa.. Aron, Tracker  came back with all kinds of info.  Even talked about Shorty trying to start the club..However back then it was more for $ instead of preserving predator calling or enhancing it.   So it stalled and fell through. Then Bob Popeck took the bull by the horns.   I do remember that a meeting was held at a Library in SEPA. I did not attend.  .Then  we all met near Indiantown Gap  At the Farmers Wife Resturant... Um I had Blackberry Pie that night. That is when Popeck became president like Ernie said...That would be the first Time I met Buchweat (Ernie)   AKA Buckwheat now. I actually gave the first seminar at our Picnic at Indiantown Gap that September.

I guess it's how you all look at it...Was it Shorty maybe a year farther back or the realistic true PPHA started by Popeck taking the bull by the horns...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:08:26 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
Well for all those from the inception to present...thank you for your hard work....now lets keep it going
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline samuel

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »
When I can find time, I will try to dig up some old photo's. I also have a album of some club functions that should rightfully go to the club.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:25:21 PM by samuel »
An armed society is a polite society.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »
Sam that would be great...would be a nice article/photos for a newsletter if we can get one up and going again.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 06:12:29 AM »
WOW, thanks for the info that's interesting. Turn out to be a pretty good club.

lol...and we argue...its been happening from the start...

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

Shorty started the PPHC then Bob P. took over and it became the PPHA.

Here ya go Uncle Buck.  ;)

hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »
Good picture. Are they all still members?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:00:46 PM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
Wow Tracker!!!!!Temp Minus -1.1.   This was at your camp.

I remember hunting on top of Red Rock Mountain on another hunt... The temps was so cold my JIMMY would not open with the keyless car key....I had to use the old manual key to open the doors...

Also the hunt at Herder Springs.......Now that was a near blizzard....Dreamcatcher and I got out as others and give it the good ole PPHA try..

Also again at another hunt on Red Rock Mtn...I did not attend...The weathe got so bad that the ranger visited the cabin and told everyone that it be best if they left before the bad weather hit...

Just kind of refreshing memories....Yes we did have hunts and seminars and gatherings in years gone by.  Seems like quite of few of us attended them too..
the Herder Springs was a big turn out.  Seminar at Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers sponsored by the PPHA...Near 100 + people showed for that event....Then Port Matilda too...Randy Anderson.....
Many met with the head of PGC Pa Law Enforcement at Silk City Diner in Denver Pa too....That is when we start change the PGC. We all met with the head of Law Enforcement for the PGC and we found out this guy really wanted to work with us not hurt us.
I still remember Larry....Hodgen giving the waitress kind words as she served us...

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
Tracker...how about this one from last year......yep that says   -10.7      I know when Tim n I were over at my camp it was -25   and talk about hurting   ;D

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 03:06:49 PM »

Good picture. Are they all still members?

I don't know....... I walked away from the PPHA and this message board about a year ago (i think). I got sick of all the backstabbing, whining, crying, finger pointing, internet "toughguys" (some even threaten to sue when something doesn't go there way), but mostly because people run there mouths on how 'this and that' should be done but don't or won't step up and do ANYTHING.

hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
tracker earl has signed alot of members in one years time.
like yourself we want more than 5 members in a hunt..doesnt mean 200,,but enough for some fun and competition.

if your not giving the members anything why continue to take there money.
make the club a free membership.
hunt just for the fun of it.

in 2 years there will be 20 members or less i would bet.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
I'll take that be! ;)