Author Topic: calls for this time of year  (Read 6788 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: calls for this time of year
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »
I'm not sure whats best but we use them at the same time and it works well for us. They're are several ways to do it. Maybe some of the other guys on here can tell you how they do it. We run the Foxpro at low volume for a few minutes and then use a hand call for about 10 to 15 seconds. The Foxpro is running the whole time. It's best to use a rat squeaker or something similar to that to pull them in.
President PPHA

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
I have tried multiple calls at the same time with no success,I quess I didn't have the right combination.I always thought it had potential though.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »
Running the foxpro at low volume while using a hand caller is very effective. The open reed hand caller are loud so i can also very the sound pitches. I only use hand caller to get animals attention from 500 yards plus and short yards 200 yards or less. I used two types of hand callers. Long range and Short range open reed callers. Long range open reed is Sceery and Critter calls. Short range is all the tweety open reeds. The squeaker/coaxer sounds in the Foxpro unit is constant and a constant sound is what sucks the predador in. Once i see eyes by using the hand caller I STOP CALLING with it. Let the small coaxer due the job. The Foxpro coaxer must be lowered in volume as animal is comming closer. (You will kill more animal with a mild sound coaxer than you will a loud blast.) You need to be careful on correct volume here. This has been very effective for me in Texas, Wyoming and here in Pa. Hope this helps. Earl Fairman

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »
 I agree the coaxer sounds have been very affective for me also,just never used them like you do.Thanks for sharing!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:23 PM »
 Has anyone used any of the fox whistles and if so any results?