Author Topic: Keg hold for beaver  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Posty40

Re: Keg hold for beaver
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 07:26:04 AM »
Yikes. I'm not sure I want to be at hunting camp for a week with you guys.  :)
I live in Mechanicsburg on the Enola side, almost right behind Armitage Golf Cource. I could use the assistance when it comes to Beaver trapping. I was pretty satisfied with my success on Reds (4) and coons (8) this year as it was my first year trapping. My hunting buddy and I called in like 25 fox at night over the FoxPro as well. But at 50 years old I still have a lot to learn and would welcome a day out .

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 08:11:03 AM »
Well I live on the opposite side of Mechanicsburg and graduated high school in Enola.  Everything I know about beaver I learned from Bob.  Unfortunately for us or fortunate for Bob he lives on the other side of the State.  If you know where there are some, I can teach you what Bob tought me........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Posty40

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »
I appreciate the offer, that is very kind. I will take you up on that next year. How about a crow hunt on the 6th or 7th? I hit a small farm up in Dauphin every so often, got three last Saturday in an hour or so.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
Might take you up on that.  Let me check the schedule and get back to you.  Is there room for two teenage boys?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
great idea tim

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »

Me thinks Posty's either pretty smart or he know you guys!!
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Posty40

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
Plenty of room.
Just let me know.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »

Me thinks Posty's either pretty smart or he know you guys!!

Whats that say for you?