Author Topic: Another Jogger killed by predators  (Read 2420 times)

uncle buck

Another Jogger killed by predators
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
Just posting something that I have notice recently.. You all just heard that wolves killed that women jogger in Alaska this week.  I was thinking back to the singer in Canada and quite a few people in killed by cougar or mountain lions while jogging.  Why even the perverts in the news the last few years hone in on women jogging..   Probably most venerable then...Having a walkman in your ears and running... Wow they tell you never to run even from a bear when you encounter one in the wild.. Also think about your own domestic dog... Your in the backyard and you take off running...The natural thing for them to do is chase you..
More and more ....joggers really need to start to at least carry mace for 2 and 4 legged mammals...Better yet maybe they need a small hand gun or a stun gun... Sad to lose people either by the 4 legged predators and or the two when someone is just out enjoying the outdoors..

Take the Appalachian Trail I would never take my women folk on a walk there now.. Also when I shroom with my family members close by I always carry a gun, knife, and mace... 

Sadly why this might be a bad time to talk about ...Motion could be one of the best ways for a predator to drop their guard... Maybe the decoy that moves the most will triggers a predator to come a running instead of one that is just wind activated...?????

If you have loved ones that do jog...Tell them about the predator and prey thing... Also buy some of your women in your life mace or even a double action gun ..... Sure don't want them using a single action when running.. Especially if they have a shell in the chamber or just how a singel action works.. Be better to have a derringer instead...

uncle buck

Re: Another Jogger killed by predators
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
Also just your domestic dogs...You ever see a jogger come down a road and a domestic dog runs out of the yard and goes right after them...Um maybe women need run softy but carry a big stick!!!!!!
Also when this happen you usually hear the Master  yell "Oh He won't Bite!"  People need to learn in this day and age that the days of just letting your dog out of the house without any restraints are over...Just to many people now living in the sticks and sure are a heck of a lot of people walking and jogging.. To this day...When walking in my development I carry a pointed shooting stick with me...Try it use it like a lance or a spear as they come running right at you.   Funny how when a domestic dog comes at you and you point the pointed end of the stick at him he cowers???????kind of buys you a bit of time until your hear that in the distance:  "Oh He Won't Bite!"

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Another Jogger killed by predators
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »
Cut the head off an ole golf club...they make excellent walking sticks. I have several different lenghts for 'family walks' and of course wife and I have our favorites.
No cost, padded grip, lite weight and durable.
golf club shaft = walking stick = defensive weapon