Author Topic: As told to me by PGC State Designated Trapper  (Read 2380 times)

uncle buck

As told to me by PGC State Designated Trapper
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:27:29 PM »
One can tell right away if they caught a Alpha male and or female in a trap or the Bravo or Charley...The Bravo and the Charley cower.....Not the Alpha's!!!!!

I went to one of the Penn Game Commission meeting once.. They had the state trapper get up and talk about Alpha, Bravo, and Charley pecking order..

He explained how he would dispatch a coyote.. He would walk his hand up the back of the coyote while it was in the trap until he got to the neck and then you know what happens here with his hands.. Now you can only do this for the Bravo and the Charleys.. You walk your hands up the back of an Alpha male and female your going to get bit!!!!!!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: As told to me by PGC State Designated Trapper
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:30:25 PM »
i would rather hunt the old alpa female first then the alpha male second the deal with the Bravos and the Charlies. 

uncle buck

Re: As told to me by PGC State Designated Trapper
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »
The 32 pound female coyote that I caught in a cable restraint coward... It would not even look me in the eyes...I assumed then it was the Bravo or even a Charley in the coyote pecking order...

I would like to know what other people think about the Alpha, Bravo, and Charley pecking order...Anything at all that they notice.. Do you think it exist?

I have been matching wits with a coyote this year...Twice I called it in and he or she gave me the ole WUFF WUFF WUFF WUFF.  Now I did go to the Male Coyote Challenge once and the other time I went to the Coyote Pup and I did bring it in closer....I can tell you why I did not get them either.. You know me experimenting all the time... Was using one of those cheap auruz head lights you find at the cash register. Saw the coyote put the gun up to fire and he was gone... Now I only use Nitelite and or the Westrern River made for hunting predator head light with cap or have it on a dowel rod or broom handle.....  

I am a believer in the Alpha male and female dominance...The coyote that I called in for my brother was an Alpha male...Took me 45 minutes of calling before it got shot... I will not do the Coyote challenge until about the 35 minute of calling... don't want to scare the younger coyotes away...