Author Topic: HB881 Success!!!!  (Read 27469 times)

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2007, 02:36:16 PM »
HB 881 is on today's calendar July 1, 2007 for a vote by House members.

If passed by the House, HB 881 is then on it's way to the Governor for signature. If he decides to sign it, The act then takes effect in 60 days after his signature.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
I sure hope this thing flies... a lot of people have a lot of time involved in this affair... as I've said before it makes no matter to me if it happens or not as I'm an open field caller/hunter and mount the light on the tripod... but for y'all that hunt with shooting stix or in the woods, it makes all the difference in the world...

I'm just glad I was part of getting this proposal introduced to the GC last year, again thanks to all who helped draft and finalize that presentation... it's been a long sometimes bumpy road to follow but the way it's looking,  it's comeing to a good ending...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
Posted Subject
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »
There was no action taken on the bill at todays Sundays session.

It is on the House agenda again for tomorrow Monday July 2, 2007. The House reconvenes at 1 p.m.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
Well we can all be HAPPY; and our sport just got better, HB 881 was passed today and is on to the way to the Governor.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline nitelight

• Junior Forum Member
posted subject
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 12:56:46 AM »
The bill passed on July 2, 2007 with House members voting 195 in favor 3 nays.

longhair

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 12:22:20 PM »
The govenor signed hb881 on july 3rd. After 60 days the use of the gun mounted light is lawful. :D  :D

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
If members are looking for people to thank people other then PPHA members that made this all possible, here is a letter that was sent to me showing who was working on this amendment in favor for PPHA amendment request before it was out for a vote in the senate or the house.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Senator Chuck Mcilhinney concerning the use of a gun mounted light. As the President of the Predator Hunters Association I can fully understand your organizations support for this type of legislation.
It is my pleasure to inform you that House Bill 881 was amended without objection in the Senate Game and Fisheries Committee to include language allowing a light to be mounted to a firearm for the purpose of taking foxes, coyotes and raccoons. It is important to note that this amendment was passed in a bipartisan spirit of cooperation. Representative Cutler, Haluska, Senator Mcilhinney, Fontana, and Kasunic as well as the Pennsylvania Game Commission legislative liaison Joe Neville helped in this effort. Please be assured that the Committee will continue to support these efforts as this legislation continues to move through the legislative process.

Additional people that need thanked.

Brian Cutler, my local PA House Representative helped me in the right direction and offered to write another HB if HB 881 failed to have our amendment added.

It is also in portent to thank the entire PGC staff, with out the PGC working to support all hunters, not just predator hunters none of this is possible. They should always be thanked for there work.

Thomas P. Grohol, Joe Neville and Jason Raup from the PGC also should be thanked, these men know our sport and heard our cries for change and responded favorable for PPHA.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline nriemer

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
Has there been any talk of trying to get semi-auto rifles aproved for use?

longhair

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »
Quote from: "Buckwheat"
If members are looking for people to thank people other then PPHA members that made this all possible, here is a letter that was sent to me showing who was working on this amendment in favor for PPHA amendment request before it was out for a vote in the senate or the house.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Senator Chuck Mcilhinney concerning the use of a gun mounted light. As the President of the Predator Hunters Association I can fully understand your organizations support for this type of legislation.
It is my pleasure to inform you that House Bill 881 was amended without objection in the Senate Game and Fisheries Committee to include language allowing a light to be mounted to a firearm for the purpose of taking foxes, coyotes and raccoons. It is important to note that this amendment was passed in a bipartisan spirit of cooperation. Representative Cutler, Haluska, Senator Mcilhinney, Fontana, and Kasunic as well as the Pennsylvania Game Commission legislative liaison Joe Neville helped in this effort. Please be assured that the Committee will continue to support these efforts as this legislation continues to move through the legislative process.

Additional people that need thanked.

Brian Cutler, my local PA House Representative helped me in the right direction and offered to write another HB if HB 881 failed to have our amendment added.

It is also in portent to thank the entire PGC staff, with out the PGC working to support all hunters, not just predator hunters none of this is possible. They should always be thanked for there work.

Thomas P. Grohol, Joe Neville and Jason Raup from the PGC also should be thanked, these men know our sport and heard our cries for change and responded favorable for PPHA.

I knew that there was others that needed a BIG thank you.

BP

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
Quote from: "nriemer"
Has there been any talk of trying to get semi-auto rifles aproved for use?

There is now! Will you chair this committee?  :wink:

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 10:12:17 AM »
Hi Guys
I havent been on much lately, but would like to thank everyone for there hard work on this gun mounted light bill that was passed.

Rosko

longhair

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »
Now that HB 881 is about to become law, I thought about the amenmendment about helping the landowner/framer with crop damage. I called my local PGC and asked about it. Funny thing ---or not !!!!!!! They just got it yesterday. The person who answered the phone said that it was just signed two days ago. Needless to say I enlightened them on what transpired with this bill. To make a long story short, they don't have a clue what's going on with this let alone how a person is to be "permitted". Therfore, what I'm going to do is make a copy of HB 881 and keep it with me in my backpack. I would also assume that being that the gun mounted light issue is in the same bill, hunters could have a problem in the field. Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up on this.

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »
What does that part of the bill mean exactly: that a landowner with crops may designate problem animals (deer, etc., etc.) and then a person may shoot them out of season with a Game Commission permit??

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
I was just on the PGC website. They have on there that it becomes law on Sept. 1st for the gun mounted lite.
  Rosko

longhair

HB881 Success!!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
OK, we are ASSUMEING that the PGC knows and understands about this part of HB 881. BUT, there's also another portion of this same bill, that to my knowlage, has not been addressed yet by the PGC. NOW, if others in differnent locals would check with their WCO's or district PGC stations and see what is said this might help.
Paul. I can't give you an answer to this. That's why I'm asking others to do a little phone work on this. Or maybe Buckwheat or Woody might have some understanding on this. One thing that I do know, you have to be permitted by the PGC to do this. I guess the main question is, how does it work ?? What do you or the farmer/landowner have to do ?? :?