Author Topic: house bill 2012  (Read 5610 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
house bill 2012
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
this might be our chance to get semi auto rifles for hunting varmints.  there is a bill in the house right now that they are trying to amend title34 to add RIMFIRE .22 caliber or less for hunting fox coyotes and woodchucks.  might be a good time to convince em that a .22 caliber centerfire or less would be a better alternative for killing coyotes.  also maybe add into there bobcats and raccoon also.

link to house bill
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=2012&pn=2841
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: house bill 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
who would know how to get this changed and start pushing it through.  it has been just sitting there for now. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:01:37 PM »
Someone with contacts in H-Burg, who knows their way around the legislature. Any one near h-Burg?
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

longhair

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
Hmmmmmm ? ::)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »
sorry fellas got a little ahead of myself.  this bill is dead.  this was on last years list.  what a doh moment for me. 

longhair

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »
No biggie there ben. On the plus side, this is info for furture ref. Along with the bill supporters. It's nice to know who supports what. There was a HB253 that died in committee. (it was for hunting groundhogs on sunday) At the time I was VERY into something else and missed the oppertunity.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »
Well, if the bill pops up again.  I know Sen. Mcilheny, he's on the board of commissioners for the PGC.  As well, I know State Rep. Paul Clymer(Bucks) pretty well.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 01:05:02 AM »
I saw somewhere they, PGC  are considering again to allow Pa hunters to use 22 rifmifre semiautomatic rifles  again.  If this is true we should ask for the at least .224 center fires with fragment HP bullets for wood chucks and predators.....Wow even if we had to use 5 shot clips and to at least be able to use them in the daytime.....??????

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »
I placed a survey on www.huningpa.com that pertain to the use of semiautomatic centerfire .224 calibers for predators and chucks.  You can vote yes or no.  I was hoping that predator hunters and chuck hunters would vote yes.. Even if you would not use a semiauomatic rifle for predator I think Pa predator and Varmint hunters should be allowed like some of the other states..
Anyway if your a member there it might be good to vote  one way or the other... Who knows if the PGC might find a spot of kindness to allow Pa Predator Hunters and Varmint Hunters to use semiautomatic center fires for predators and vermin like chucks.
The negative side is you have to be a member of huntingpa to vote.

Again you might not use a semiautomatic but other predator hunters would.  So we need to vote yes for them.
Todate 69% are for it and 31 % are against it.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1063236#Post1063236