Author Topic: Best trigger to buy.  (Read 2603 times)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Best trigger to buy.
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
What is your favorite or best replacement trigger? I have tried both the timney and rifle basics. Both are good and I like the timney better at the moment but I may be missing out. lol

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Best trigger to buy.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
In my experience Timney.But I could be missing something as well.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
I bought a timney for a mauser project and it is definately my go to trigger now. Might get one for my enfield.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
I have several of both and love them both.  I would buy either but I think Timney has a better selection.  The RB that they don't make for the 788 any more is outstanding.  Just read a good article in PS by McPhereson about the Timney.  Makes you want to buy one and go find a rifle to put it on.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »
Sorry folks,  I spelled M.L. McPherson wrong. Article is on (starting) Pg.5 Sept.2012 Precision shooting.  Another thing for the sake of Info.  I am listed as a Junior forum member.  I am to the forum but this is my 61st hunting season.  Spent a good chunk of my Discharge pay in 1961 on Reloading Equipment and supplies.  Dick

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
That listing goes off post count papa

Look into mcphearsons book accurizing the factory rifle.  Definately a good read for the mechanically inclined that are accuracy nuts.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
Got it.  I just didn't wish to be thought too Junior.   Yes, on the book.  My hunting partner is the guy who does all of that stuff for us.  Dick