Author Topic: 17 Center Fire ammo preference? 25 Grain hollow Point or 20 grain V Max  (Read 2437 times)

uncle buck

I truly like the 17 center fires.....I reload and use factory ammo...To date....I like the Hornady 25 Grain HP.  Now I have shot the 20 grain V Max for Zero too and it shoots just as accurate.. However I have made my harvest with the Factory 25 Grain HP (same Hornady bullet) and or the 25 Hornady HP reloads.
Something I have not had a powder that shot bad yet..This Spring I need to get out there and try to find which powder is the overall best.

You people that own the 17 Remington and or the 17 Fireball or other 17 Center Fires. which bullet do you like the best for predators?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 17 Center Fire ammo preference? 25 Grain hollow Point or 20 grain V Max
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 06:30:45 AM »
i shoot the 25gr hollow point, i want the heavier bullet because of coyotes,,  berger makes a 30gr or 32gr not sure for the .17, if i reloaded i would give that bullet a try. 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
Hodgon has reloaded all kind of grain bullets for the 17 Rem.  Hope he respondsto this post.... As also Tracker if he visits here now and then.
Sure miss Tracker graphic raybar 17 Rem harvest pictures...I  was one that wished he continue showing that kind of stuff...

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
I am so impressed with the 17 Remington that I truly want to try out the 17 Fireball sometime in the near future too....