Author Topic: Used Kitty Litter  (Read 2786 times)

uncle buck

Used Kitty Litter
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
I remember many of us attending Sherri's  seminar at Cabelas..  One man attending use to hunt coyotes on Merv Griffens land in NJ... He had a coyote problem..He claimed that to get the coyotes there he place used Kitty Litter and posted by it to get the coyotes to come out of the deep cover. However this is the same guy that said he placed fox urine behind both of his ears.. However interesting...???Might be something to try near a trap to attract coyotes or just say you  just want to sit out and watch and area from a tree stand that might bring coyotes for a look see.

Used Kitty Litter...could this however be against the law to use for bobcat... Maybe not since it sure is not a food item??????

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
Re: Used Kitty Litter
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:20:38 PM »
I read some where that Rabbit litter works aswell,although I have never tried it.

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
makes sense ....the rabbit....I know that misting works since I have attracted a coyote by using it...A black Clearfield one yet.....Rabbit urine is usually a part of the misting formula of course there are other things people put into it that is an "Ancient Chinese Secret" and the word is MUM???

Offline JaredV

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
unclebuck, what do you use to mist with? Combo of different urines?

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
A simple formula is rabbit scent us to train dogs and red fox urine.  Maybe 10 parts rabbit dog training scent 90 parts red fox urine...Get a laundry spray bottle to distribute it right before calling...Out West....they mist after they see the coyote too...This is suppose to wreck up their smelling sense a bit to buy you time.  ??????