Author Topic: Your Feelings on all this rain we are getting?  (Read 2743 times)

uncle buck

Your Feelings on all this rain we are getting?
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:51:38 AM »
This is really hurting my shooting...I have all of these reloads I need to try out.. Also the chuck hunting excursions have been limited since I have to get other priorties done on nice days.. Not enough nice warm sunny days...It should be good for the shrooms however...

It's got to be hurting  some of the trout fishing in streams too?????

This week the 5 day forecast for SCPA....4 of the 5 they are calling for more rain... LOL LOL

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Your Feelings on all this rain we are getting?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »
I'm feeling.........................
WET  :-[
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:25:41 AM »
fish still eat while the water is up.  keeps the fair weather fisherman off the water though.  in fact if you can handle it fishing seems to be the best while it is raining. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
I haven't had much time to fish, but every time I went out I caught a lot of trout. They are biting, but the creeks are high and the trout in close to the bank out of the swift current.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »
what a gift today after the rain...Sun came out and tried everything up.  I got to cut and fertilized the grass this evening.. However I got it out of the way.  I did travel to Shydas in Lebanon.... Everything I needed they didn't have... Purchasing things on the web is your best bet to at least get them in 3 days... 

Streams and rivers in the 4 counties I traveled through today were all near over their banks....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:31:04 AM »
UB asks...
Your Feelings on all this rain we are getting?
we don't have to shovel or plow it

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »
Comment on all the wind we are having:   March is suppose to be Kite Month!!!Not April!!!!!!!How you suppose to shoot your reloads in if there is constant heavy winds... Local weather is calling for 100 MPH straight winds tonight.....Batten down the Hatches!!!!!!!