Author Topic: Looking for a taxidermist  (Read 3464 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Looking for a taxidermist
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »
Anyone on here a taxidermist? Anybody want to recommend one?

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Looking for a taxidermist
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
what area are you in??
district #1

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
Before you just pick one try to see some mounts of the animal or fish you are wanting to get done. Some are really good with turkeys or deer but suck at doing fish or other animals.
PPHA District 3

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:03:56 PM »
Jaspr-I do taxidermy and know quite a few other ones.What area are u from?

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »

Swopes Taxidermy Studio,1073 South River Road, Halifax, Pa 17032  Tel 717 896 3064

He's good Christian man so he won't rip you one...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:54:11 AM »
District 4 between Marysville and Duncannon, this is just N of Harrisburg.........wondering what a good price is, to have a coyote mount done..UB, I have used them in the past and had good results. I was just looking to maybe use a PPHA member. The volunteer for this project is being interviewed presently and I would like to have a plan if volunteer steps forward...pretty warm out and I think you would have to do something immediately with the body...

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »
I,m located on the Wertzville Rd. by Lambs gap.Yes you will want to do something ASAP with it.Don,t just go on price-lots of good and bad like every kind of business.Be sure to stop at the shops and look at the work first.Price varies with different options-open mouth-closed mouth--custom poses or custom bases with habitat like rocks.You,ll find most prices starting around $600.00 and up.Anpetu waste-Lloyd  P.S don,t gut it-leave it whole-preferably get it to a taxidermist ASAP or double bag it and freeze it whole.

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:34:20 AM »
try this guy hes in the etters new cumberland area, great work from what ive seen
Nathan  717-503-2600
district #1

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
Well I am going to get it mounted (if I should be so lucky ;D) in a snarling, looks like its going to bite you pose...and then I am going to set it in living room and this will keep dog in family room and stupid cat in basement... ;D ;D or not.. 8) Wife might balk at price and shoot me with .270 and throw me over the bank ...dog and cat are nodding yes... ::)

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »
The taxidermist I mentioned does shoulder mounts on red fox with a snarling grin for about $265.00 which includes the tax...  It's not the entire predator but those shoulder mounts look neat.. I would think a coyote would cost a little bit more..