Author Topic: Summer calling  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Summer calling
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:20 AM »
Thank you Goose & Brushwolf.
I have Sawyers and the word 'Permethrin' I forgot about.
Am at Tractor Supply about every week or so, I'll pick up concentrate.
Thanks again.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 10:18:32 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) I must give credit to Uncle Buck for starting me on this stuff several years back...that's when we were both of the working class.. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
Be sure not to treat your clothes anywhere near your household pets. Until it is completely dried it can cause disruptions to their nervous system. That's how it works on ticks. Attacks their nervous system.
District 5 coordinator

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Is that why I'm so loonie??  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
Nah.... The loonie is just part of your charm... ;) ;) ;)
District 5 coordinator

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Hern, Jaspr1, and Buckcheat...pay attention here...I have charm!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 11:35:44 AM »
Yard Fountain do have a mystic charm to them.  Of course your fountain is filled with permethrin. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Tom Stohler

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
Must you wear a under layer of clothing?? To protect yourself. And if your in the rain is that safe

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
No under layers needed. Perfectly safe once dried. I don't think the rain is a concern either. The manufacturers directions say that it will still be effective even after being washed and dried. So I assume it won't be rinsed out by rain water and absorbed into your skin.
District 5 coordinator

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
I had Lyme a few years back and that crap is no fun.  Here is what I use and it works!  Use exactly as others are saying.  Spray on clothes the day before and let dry.  Good for several days.  We use it heavy during snake season.

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-Permethrin-Clothing-Repellent/dp/B001ANQVYU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456426473&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=sawyer+insect+repellent+spray&psc=1
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
That's exactly what I use.  I was buying like 3 or 4 bottles at a time and would last the entire season.  Look through the reviews.  There's an archery hunter in there from PA who describes a hunting episode with his brother.  That was the selling point for me.

uncle buck

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 03:03:13 PM »
My son-in-law got Lyme Disease about 2 years ago.. He is still hurting from it.. He doesn't even venture out into the outdoor to hunt.. Figure he got it taking his son to a community park and just sat at a picnic table..  After you get a few ticks cut out of your stomach you learn fast to use something...I always grab a few cans of anti tick spray in the Wally World camping department... Gold and Blue Can.. I do own the stuff from the tractor supply too and am going to start to mix my own.. If you get the yellow black spray bottle from Wally World save it should you mix your own in.    I have a friend in OK that ties those cattle tags on to each of his boot shoe laces.. They to can be had in Tractor Supply...The ones that are treated for ticks for cattle are orange in color.. I started placing them around where we sit in the back yard to keep ticks away..  A natural draw for ticks is the Barberry pushes people have in their yards.. They are a push with thorns on them and a purple red leaf.. If you have them you might want to talk your wife in allowing you to pull them out of your yards.. 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »
 >:( >:( Big deal I have some "Charmin" also  ::) ::) K-Mart has it on sale often  :o :o and are you sure your a "Goose"  ??? ??? You might be a "Loon"  :-\ :-\..............gotta check my "Bird" book.......... :o............ 8)