Author Topic: Bob Cat Lic. 2007  (Read 7670 times)

Offline PA-Joe

Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
How do we find out if we got a tag? Does the PGC post the lottery winners?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
you either call em, wait, or show up for the drawing.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 05:40:19 AM »
Got my tag in the mail yesterday :D  And I've learned a few things reading the paperwork that came with the tag that I didn't know :?  I didn't know that you could not take a cat under artifical light :?  nocturnal critter??...and you can't hunt them on Sundays...but you can trap them :lol: anyway this was my first year to apply for a tag and I was surprised to get one...now I gotta fill it with a nice kitty cat :lol:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
NEW LAW TAKES EFFECT TO ALLOW GUN-MOUNTED LIGHTS FOR PREDATOR HUNTERS

HARRISBURG - Effective Sept. 1, Pennsylvania furbearer hunters may use gun-mounted lights when furbearer hunting, according to Pennsylvania Game Commission Bureau of Wildlife Protection Director Richard Palmer. The change in law took effect following Governor Edward G. Rendell's signing of House Bill 881, sponsored by Rep. Gary Haluska (D-Cambria), on July 3.

Now Act 26, the new law was first approved in House by a vote of 195-2 on May 21. The Senate approved an amended version of the bill by a vote of 50-0 on June 27, and the House concurred with the amended bill by a vote of 195-3 on July 2.

Supported by the Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association, the new law permits those hunting for furbearers, including coyotes, foxes, bobcats, raccoons, skunks, opossums and weasels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PaGooosehntr, looks to me that as of Sept 1st when this reg change came to be it now includes bobcat for artificial lights...on the gun even. i think those tags's were printed up well before this reg change.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »
Thanx for the input...Somehow I figured the PGC would have been up to date with the mailings... :oops:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

BP

Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
Is that what the song "Boom Boom! Out go the lights!" is about?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:20:18 PM »
Hey Woody,

I was just looking at HB 881  (c) Penalties..it addresses a $300 fine for harvesting a Bobcat under light and 3 year suspension of hunting privileges??? or was the final version different?? I haven't found it in in it's final version... :?
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
here is the deal with the gun mounted light issue andit's leagal use for bobcats.  when I talked to the PGC this morning you are alowed to use a artificial light for bobcats and that they are sending out a amendment paper.  they had forgot about the change of law with the issue of HB881.  the lady told me that they will be getting the new packet out as soon as possible.  so those of you who got a permit she stated that they were reisuing the permit.  I am not sure if that means that is the tag and everything or just a paper stating updated rules.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
BB,

Thank-you :wink:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline PA-Joe

Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »
My daugher got her bobcat tag. Now all we have to do is find one.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »
I received my revised permit in the mail yesterday and it clearly states that you can use lights...also incuded with it was a listing of PGC approved guides...thanx again BB :D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »
Goose,

You gonna trap for a cat during the NC Hunt?  I'd like to see someone have a bobcat at check in. Points or no points, I'd like to see someone take a nice fat cat. :wink:

bootmud

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 06:42:38 AM »
Does anyone know for sure.....
I heard 30 or 40 women receive Bobcat permits for this season.
I think that's great.
Does any one know for sure?

Goose, I trapped my 1st Pennsylvania Bobcat last season. Northumberland County.
I trapped thishere property for over 40 years and never seen or heard of Bobcats in thesehere parts.
I released it unharmed, no permit, not a permit area.

I can put you on cats in Sullivan County.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 12:42:28 PM »
cats in Sullivan....now your talking!!!

our family cabin up in Sullivan has had bobcats living behind it for 30+ yrs. hearing them scream in the middle of the night at age 5yrs old sure makes for some rough sleeping....lol. i spent most all my summers up there until i was in highschool....parents split...dad couldn't afford the cabin anymore..and had to sell. what a bummer!!

sorry for the rambling...but 95% of my favorite childhood memories are from inside Sullivan County....my dad is buried there and i will be too.

~Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bob Cat Lic. 2007
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »
I had only planned on tryin to hunt cats in this early part of the season....and iffin I didn't fill my tag ....then maybe try to get one with steel...I just want some cold weather  :(  It's too hot to do anything but put up dry dirt for the winter dirt hole sets.. 8) and drink a few brews :roll:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member