Author Topic: Bob Cat  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Bob Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Ppha needs to lobby for a change at the next pgc meeting.  If I was more than a district rep I would consider doing it.

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Mike, You don't have to be an officer to do that. In the past we've asked if there were any members that were interested in doing something like and their were no takers. You must have missed that one. We are always looking for any volunteer help that we can get, so If your interested please feel free to lobby the PGC. In fact if you are truly interested I'm sure you could be our go to guy for lobbying the PGC on issues related and of interest to us. You can be the eyes and ears of the PPHA at the meetings and watching out for our interests. It's really good of you to volunteer for this Mike and I'm sure the rest of the members will be happy that a guy of your caliber is handling this.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:42:19 PM by zekedogg »
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
The first step would be to contact the pagc biologist and see if a change would be possible in his opinion   Mike what do you mean by your statement. "If I were more than a district rep"? All officers are equal. Actually a district rep has more voting power than the president
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:56:34 PM by Leglifter »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
If I run for president or vice president next year which I am not planning, I would do this function.  I was on the board for another hunting group and the expected the president or vp to speak at the pgc meetings on behalf of the organizaiton.  It just holds alot more clout to the way the commissioners receive requests.  It is just the way it is...a Harrisburg thing. 

Maybe I will organize a PPHA membership writing campaign in the Spring.  I like the idea of talking to Matt Lovallo, the pgc furbearer biologist.  I spoke with him actually yesterday and feel we have a good repore.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
On another vein...it absolutely drives me nuts that crows cannot be killed 365 24/7.  The decimate songbird species and we protect them.  What a bunch of crap...I hate crows!  Unfortunately, this is linked to Mexico crow species and federal law so we are stuck.

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »
Mike first off you are an officer with the PPHA, and as an officer you carry the same weight as any other. If you do as you say "have a good repore" with Mike Lovallo then by all means you should be the guy to handle this. Maybe you can work through him to get all the information you will need to make a presentation to the PGC for the changes that you and the rest of us are seeking. I wish you good luck and please keep us updated as to your progress with this matter, I'm sure everyone will be anxious to see how you make out with this matter. Thanks again...Rick

P.S. I think your organizing a letter/ email campaign is a great idea, but why couldn't this be done now instead of waiting for spring? Just an idea. Thanks again...Rick
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:14:25 PM by zekedogg »
Rick Comport

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
Not sure why you keep thanking me for something I said I was not doing in my role?  Wierd...

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 06:02:22 AM »
pm sent

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
I am curious to see what everyone thinks would be fair/reasonable requests to the PGC.  Please llist any ideas you have below.   If/however this is done we need to make sure the pgc is very aware how much the ppha appreciates them and their service to predator hunters.  They have done alot of positive things for us.

I feel some things might not be reasonable.  While I love the AR-15 and my son competes with them, I don't feel it would be fruitful to lobby their use for predator hunting.  Too much negative emotion around that image with the media, etc.  Just my opinion for what it is worth...

I'll start a suggestion / wish list:

1.)  Allow the hunting of Bobcat on Sunday during the season.

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »
I'd like to see the bobcat trapping and hunt season to run together, instead of trappers getting first shot at them and the hunters coming in after. I'd hate like hell to scout an area that has a big ol' tomcat only to find out a trapper took him a week before I was allowed to hunt it
Rick Comport

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
You know there is time to introduce hunting bobcats this year yet for next year.  January the pgc commissioners has another meeting.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU

Offline recurve

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
 Check out the article on page 40 of the January game news on late season hunting opportunities, reading it sounds like the cat hunting season ends on Jan. 6, hope not cause I've been holding off on calling in a couple areas I know have cats until Jan. 15, also reads to me like you can hunt coons on Sundays? Think they would get it right in their own magazine?