Author Topic: October trip to TX, 2 1/2 days pics...  (Read 1837 times)

Offline sly_vixen

• Junior Forum Member
October trip to TX, 2 1/2 days pics...
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »
My first trip to Texas was back in October 2006.  I went down for 2 1/2 days for some predator hunting with Glenn and Michelle.  We called in 3 coyotes, did some hog calling and went night hunting for raccoons.  Just thought I would share some pictures.  Hope you enjoy!

This was my first wild hog.  I just have to add one thing.  Getting wild hogs in close quarters and calling to them in thick stuff...will show you, just what you are made of.  I was scared half to death.  It was a bunch of fun though.    

I got LUCKY and Glenn called me in 3 coyotes, in one day.  Morning, noon and evening.

Here is the morning coyote.  A pretty reddish female.  I am doing a rug with her.

This was the high noon coyote.  A huge male!  Glenn and Michelle couldn't believe how monstrous this coyote was.  As soon as he was coming in, Michelle whispered to me that he was big.  When we weighed him, he was a whopping 55lb.  I am hoping to life-size mount him.  I took out both of his front legs.  He is impressive and has great markings.  He was full of cactus, because after I shot, he decided to go out in style and dance around in cactus.  I can still feel prickers in my hand, lol...Enjoy!

This coyote came in while we were hoping for a bobcat.  Well, I wasn't going to pass up a coyote, waiting for a bobcat.  This predator hunting is pretty addictive.  She was my third coyote of the day and getting three coyotes in the same day, is probably something I'll never have happen again.  lol...I forgot to let my hair down.  Oh well, it is more practical to wear it up, while hunting.

I also got a raccoon and Glenn got 2 of them, but I need to resize that picture before I can post it.  Thanks for looking!  I can't wait for fall/winter!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
October trip to TX, 2 1/2 days pics...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:17:25 PM »
most excellent hunt, and great pictures... is that your 243?...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...