Author Topic: Nice red with the dogs  (Read 1474 times)

Offline wildcat

Nice red with the dogs
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »
Killed a nice red over the weekend with the dogs.  I was standing in a fence row watching a field that bordered a ridge with some pines on it.  The dogs jumped him in the pines and he ran straight down and across the field.  I shot him at 50yds with the 3.5'' dead coyote he flinched and started to buckle when i shot but he made it another 15yds.  I fired the last two shots and he folded up DRT. not sure if he was on a death run from the first shot or if the other two helped out.  the pic doesn't do him much justice, fur is as close to prime as i have seen.  and he weighed 14.5 lbs.  would have been a nice entry for cresson had it been 2 weeks later.

Ive spent a lot of money on fast bikes, pretty women and alcohol.... The rest i just wasted!

uncle buck

Re: Nice red with the dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:08:44 AM »
Nice Red...that one would have been a good one for lookn4fur to certify for you..  thanks for sharing..

Offline wildcat

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »
i would be interested on getting info on how to score predators.  from what ive read it isn't just a skull measurement it requires the whole animal. What would i need to do if i wanted the next critter scored by him?  and is their a website with a score log i can check out?  I would have liked to had my cat scored, i have recorded weight and all the measurements from the taxidermist and i'm also going to have the skull done.   
Ive spent a lot of money on fast bikes, pretty women and alcohol.... The rest i just wasted!

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
Nice Wildcat.