Author Topic: About Predator hunting?  (Read 2240 times)

Offline TJHeli

• http://Eastcoastextremehelis.com
About Predator hunting?
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
I am VERY new to Predator hunting. (green) I have went out about three time and I did not see a thing. I have been reading magazines for about two years on the subject (predator hunting, predator extreme) but I have not scored yet. I have a couple of questions. I have done very well with crows but not coyotes.

Has any one ever tried to hunt coyotes out of a tree stand, and would this be an advantage?

I read that you should call between 15 and 30 minutes. So do you make noise staight for that time or do you call and wait call and wait?

I live in drums PA, I hunt here and also hunt in Wysox PA. I have read that learning from some one that has been calling for a while you can learn alot, does anyone in my area offer some type of a guide service and how much should that cost?

I just bought the Johnny Stewart 612 caller with the long distance speaker, was that a good buy?

Thanks for the help, I have more but I will try to keep things short. Anyone interested in Remote Controlled Helicopters I can answer any questions you have.
Thanks Tom

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
About Predator hunting?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
Has any one ever tried to hunt coyotes out of a tree stand, and would this be an advantage?

Yes, its ok as long as they are easy to get to and you have them set up at your calling location before hand.
It would take too much time and noise to set up at each stand.

I read that you should call between 15 and 30 minutes. So do you make noise staight for that time or do you call and wait call and wait?

I think 30 to 60 minutes, closer to 60. Some use elec. calls and call the whole time, others call off and on. Whats best?...... all depends who you talk too.

I live in drums PA, I hunt here and also hunt in Wysox PA. I have read that learning from some one that has been calling for a while you can learn alot, does anyone in my area offer some type of a guide service and how much should that cost?

I'm sure you could find someone in your area that would take you along a time or two.
Join the PPHA, we have hunts and get togethers.

I just bought the Johnny Stewart 612 caller with the long distance speaker, was that a good buy?

Yes, they are very good callers. They are a little heavy and the speaker cord gets to be a pain, but they work well and last a long time.
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline TJHeli

• http://Eastcoastextremehelis.com
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:11:36 PM »
Thank you for the information.
Just got back for using the Johnny Stewart caller for crows and it worked very well.
Thanks Tom