Author Topic: Another new guy looking for some help  (Read 3733 times)

Offline BMAC4555

Another new guy looking for some help
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:46:30 PM »
Hi everyone.

I have been looking over this webiste and found a great deal of information.  I am new so I will tell you a little about myself.  I am from southern York County and go to school at Penn College in Williamsport. I have hunted deer my whole life, archery and rifle back home. I am always up in the state forest and game lands up here in north central PA and just liking the area. I visit a hunting camp in Cross Fork a couple times a year, so I know a little about the area. I found out about your website through PAhunting.net. I always wanted to try some coyote and fox hunting but do not have any experience. I have been doing research on the internet for awhile but that is all the extent I know. I was wondering what advice you could tell me on how to meet somebody with experience that could show me the ropes (hunting them, skinning, drying process, who to sell to). I do not want to take over any ones spots or anything, I just want to help out and learn. I am interested in joining and learning as much as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 09:39:52 AM »
Welcome to the boards.
There are a number of experienced callers on this site. I'm sure reading their imput will be helpful. You might consider joining the PPHA club, you can check it out by hitting our home page link at the top of the page.

Sadly, you just missed the North Central Hunt put on by Buckwheat, keep your ears open for next years. The PPHA also has hunts thru the various districts.

Russ

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:56:08 AM »
And if you want to meet everybody and not injure your shoulder from recoil, go along on Dale's crow hunt in February.

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Quote from: "gdragon"
And if you want to meet everybody and not injure your shoulder from recoil, go along on Dale's crow hunt in February.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Russ

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:19:15 PM »
Welcome
Try to find a trapper in your area
or fur buyer, I'm sure you could work something out.

Offline BMAC4555

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:17:30 AM »
That is the thing.  I do not know a furbearer or trapper in my area.  I am out of luck.

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »
This link is to District 7 info of the PTA.

You may want to get ahold of one of these people, they should be able to help you.

http://www.patrappers.com/dist7.htm

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
York county sorta sucks for fur buyers... Jerry Johnson up in Mechanicsburg is your closest, or Larry Erdman over in Manheim...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline BMAC4555

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »
I am looking more into the north central part of the state.  I am not that interested in York County.  The only thing I will be looking for in that area are foxes.  I like the north central part of the state so much better for the outdoors.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »
are you at the penn school of technology in williamsport? my callin partner goes to school there in the electrician classes. i wonder if you might know him.....PM me your name and i'll ask him if he knows you.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock