Author Topic: Building your anchors  (Read 1625 times)

uncle buck

Building your anchors
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:06 AM »
I make my own anchors.. last year I used the Blake type anchor and I liked how they worked..This year I ordered some more.. I was going to wait and buy all the stuff at the PTA rendezvous   but figured I'd just go and buy all the material now on line tonight..  I never really had any of the shoes that didn't work well for me...

Is there a favorite anchor shoe that you all like better Duckbill, Blake, etc etc?

When I do buy the restraints and I like the kind that has the rubber grommet on it not the spring or metal... They are just so much easier to attach the restraint holder too... Haven't gotten into make my own cable restraints yet.. Neat that they can be used year after year after year. even if you do have to replace an anchor to them since it just didn't pull out for you...So eventually in most cases a pulled cable restraint will eventually catch something.. However I do check them out to make sure they are still in good condition..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Building your anchors
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D UB what type does your wife use on you to hold you in place?  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member