Author Topic: Rules and where to get them...  (Read 2149 times)

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
Rules and where to get them...
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »
I know of some of the rules of trapping, but where do you find them all for Pa.....ED

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: Rules and where to get them...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
For all the laws you can get the "big book" from the GC.  But they are covered in the book you get with your liscence.

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
Thanks, I've read that but I'm looking to see what's info is on the tag that you have on your traps. Name, address phone# ect.... and just some general info....ED

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:28:48 AM »
If you have any questions I can help you with let me know.

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:20:10 AM »
I am not sure that there is any rules outside of whats in the pgc rule book. For my tags, I have my name, phone number, and address. When I am trapping and see another person's set, I avoid that area. You don't want to deal with theft or an animal getting in two different people's traps. No it hasn't happened to me, but its happened before to my friend when he made a set about 10 ft away from another trapper and didn't have it staked down properly. I stay away from places someone else is trapping if I know they are there. It just helps to avoid problems. Simply put, I am not sure what you are asking but pm me for more info if you want.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »
Just my 2ยข....I highly recommend you get a registered trappers number and use that on your trap tags ;) That way no one other than the game commish has to know who owns that trap. Also, the antis can't come knockin on your door or give you grief without interfacing with the PGC. 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
I'm only trapping 40 acres. I'm trying different things so as when I retire (I'm 56 ) I'll have some other things to do. No one else is trapping near me, and I have game camera pictures of bear, ratcoons, coyotes, grayfox and bobcat on the property. My main goal is just to be legal and maybe trap a bobcat....ED