Author Topic: who is ready  (Read 2088 times)

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
who is ready
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
I have had enough of summer, can"t wait till fall. The days are starting to get a little shorter. I will be retireing in sept after 41 yrs. as a machinist. Then it will be time for Red lights and cold nights. Get traps set and have a good fall and winter I hope. How does everyone else feel? Can"t wait to try out my new kill lights!!!!!!!
Have a good day Mountain Dog .. 

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: who is ready
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:17:45 AM »
Got all my traps ready but have been thinking of making some bait and lure which I don't need for this fall. Have to find a few new places to trap and hunt. Need to replace a couple triggers on my predator rifles which isn't necessary but I am picky about my triggers. Like you, I just can't wait. Unlike you, I have to work a full time job and still try and hunt and trap. Means getting up at 4:00 to check traps and getting to work at 8:00 then after 5:00 spend a couple hours putting up fur...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:37 AM »
God Bless You, Mountain Dog, on your retirement. Enjoy, Enjoy.

Seems Am always ready but never always ready. why is that?

Have dried dirt sifted and stowed. Gotta make wax dirt, but that wouldn't take long.
Have grass clippings dried and stowed.
The past several weeks have been perfect for make'n dry dirt. Some like it HOT.

Oh yea, I have a couple dozen new traps to get ready...what else did I forget???....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:38:04 AM by Hern »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
...what else did I forget???....

The special sauce!
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »
and to finish the book :o