Author Topic: scope rings and bases  (Read 1821 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
scope rings and bases
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »
what type  and brand are you useing and why?? i am going to be installing a scope on a model 7 , my other hunting rifles all have leupold std 2 piece with the windage screws,my other rifles have weaver/picatinny rails, trying to decide leupold , weaver, 1 pce ,2 pce or is there something else i should be considering?? thanks
district #1

uncle buck

Re: scope rings and bases
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »
Last time I try to install Leupold you had to have a special tool to install the rings to the base.. I took them back since I didn't want to buy the Expensive tool too... I do use Weavers but on my Encores I like E. A. Brown mounts for my Encore scopes..   There are cheaper brands.. I guess they are aluminum?????Basspro has them... Wal-Mart does sale Weaver mounts.. If you can find them for your  particular gun...Probably a lot cheaper then going to one of the bigger gun stores... However you have to luck out and hope they have the Weaver mounts that fit your particular gun..  They, Wal-Mart just might have the Model 7 mounts... Save some bread $$$$.

Offline jaybird

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »
warne bases and rings... my new savage m12fcv is the first rifle i own that i put warne stuff on... they will all be warne from here on in... they just seem to be more beefy than the stuff i have on my other rifles.  i haven't had any problems with my other setups, i just like the setup and beefy-ness of the warne stuff.

Offline savage05

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
I second the Warne gear, all but one of my rifles wears Warne and that one has a Leupold one piece which I am also happy with.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
Thumbs up for the warnes!!