Author Topic: Calling using Double Barrel Shotgun -New Idea  (Read 2320 times)

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
Calling using Double Barrel Shotgun -New Idea
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:09 PM »
A bunch of posts ago someone mentioned about using a double to fox/yote hunt. I believe a question came up on how to mount a a red dot on a double barrel. Well guys Stoeger arms came up with and answer. It is called "Double defense", It comes in 12 or 20ga., one picatinny rail on top and a picatinny rail under the barrels ( for light). This gun has single trigger, 20in ported barrels, fixed IC chokes, this could be changed. Just check under www.stoegerarms.com. This may be in my future.

uncle buck

Re: Calling using Double Barrel Shotgun -New Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:49:12 PM »
Just attach a bobber light styk behind the bead of any shotgun with adhesive velcro....If it has a rib attach a plastic wire tie to holdit in place.  use the battery type but the type you activate by snapping works too.  However they will freeze and be rendered useless in weatehr liek this.. battery type last all year and are found in the fishing bobber department near you....

I have missed so much fox by using the Busnell Holosight that I use the simplest things now for shotgunning.. Not that high tech stuff.  Red Dot shotgun sights are fine if you see the fox coming in from afar... In reality as many know on here..Your calling and they are right on top of you out of no where... Point, Aim, Fire you get him...Now trying to find a running fox in a red dot Holosight can be quite a feat at night time...